'It was the worst experience of my life': Paul McCartney fan in tears as he claims he was kicked out of Melbourne gig for dancing... before being 'handcuffed' and 'bashed' by police
Thousands of Beatles fans flocked to AAMI Park in Melbourne on Wednesday night to watch Paul McCartney perform live.
But the night didn't end well for Michael Gilchrist who was arrested and escorted from the venue during the gig.
Speaking to Channel Seven News Perth?on Thursday, the?concertgoer teared up as he described being booted for 'dancing' as 'the worst experience of my life'.
Scroll down for video?
'It was the worst experience of my life': Emotional concertgoer Michael?Gilchrist (left) told Seven News Perth he was booted from Paul McCartney's (right) Melbourne gig for 'dancing'
In the interview with the television network Michael claimed his only crime had been dancing to the popular musician's songs.
'One of the security people said you can't be here and I said "mate it's Paul McCartney, we're having a boogie"' he said.
'Next thing I know, I was just dropped by police. I was dragged 30 metres by police, put up against the wall, handcuffed, bashed and basically told "shut the f**k up"'?
'Next thing I know, I was just dropped by police': Michael claimed he was 'handcuffed' and 'bashed' by police
The Paul McCartney fan also said he was left bruised by the altercation and was locked up for several hours, causing him to miss the gig he had shelled out big bucks for.
Michael appeared emotional as he described his recollection of the experience.
'It was the worst experience of my life because I was so helpless,' he explained.
Help... he needs someone!?The Paul McCartney fan also said he was left bruised by the altercation and was locked up for several hours, causing him to miss the gig
However, Victoria Police have since denied Michael was arrested simply for dancing.?
Instead the police told multiple news outlets the concertgoer was escorted from the venue due to his high level of intoxication and refusal to return to his seat
The police also claimed other patrons made complaints about Michael's disruptive behaviour.?
Hitting back: Victoria Police have since denied the fan was evicted for 'dancing' to Paul McCartney's (pictured) music, telling multiple news outlets the fan was intoxicated
Most watched News videos
- Nigora Bannatyne performs bizarre dance to celebrate anniversary
- Moment MP Grayling STRUGGLES to cope with BBC grilling on Brexit
- Moment Charlie Pearce hides behind a car to avoid a police car
- Heroic neighbours rescue woman after attack by two dogs
- Cruise ship sprayed down after passengers struck down by gastro
- Met Office: Winds strengthen across UK as Storm Caroline develops
- Motorcyclist chased by driver before being mown down and killed
- Storm Caroline set to batter the UK with 80mph winds and snow
- 'Home's South London mate' Sadiq Khan's retort to BBC reporter
- Lilly Allen skips around trees amid public feud with tenant
- Davis reveals there is no study for impact of Brexit on economy
- Sarah Sanders: Trump slurred words because his 'throat was dry'
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.