Pierce Brosnan 'sued by insurance company for cost of repairs to neighbor's home after a 2015 blaze spread from his Malibu mansion'
Pierce Brosnan is being sued for carelessly starting a fire that partially torched his neighbor's house.
The fire ignited in the garage at Pierce's $18.5 million Malibu mansion in February 2015 and spread to neighbor Alexander Haagen's house.
The cause was thought to be an electrical problem exacerbated by rags that the 64-year-old actor had failed to dispose of properly,?TMZ reported on Tuesday.
Terrible night: Pierce Brosnan is being sued by his neighbor's insurance company for the damages it paid out in a fire that started in the actor's garage in 2015 (pictured)
Haagen was paid for the damage by his insurance company and now the unnamed insurance company is suing the former Bond star.
Around 20 firefighters were called to the scene at the time and extinguished the blaze in around 30 minutes.
Pierce, 64, and his wife Keely, 54, were home with their sons Dylan, 20, and Paris, 16, at the time of the incident.
Safe place: The actor, 64, wife Keely, 55, ?and sons Dylan, 20, and Paris, 16, took refuge in the family car as first responders fought the blaze
All escaped unharmed and were seen sitting in the family car as firefighters fought the blaze.
However, it caused $1 million-worth of damage to the property.
There is no word on the cost of the repairs to his neighbor's home or how much the insurance company's suit is for.?
Suited up: The blaze caused $1 million of damages to the Bond star's $18 million mansion but there is no word on how much his neighbor's insurance company is suing him for
Pierce, who last played 007 in 2002's Die Another Day, is an incredibly busy actor at present.
He was seen on TV this year in AMC's Western series The Son, set in the late 1800s and early 1900s, which has been picked up for a second series.
The star has seven films in the works, including Mamma Mia! sequel Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again.
The movie will see Meryl Streep, Amanda Seyfried, Colin Firth and Stellan Skarsgard reprising their roles, and is due out July 20 2018.
Devoted couple: Pierce was at Keely's side for the screening of her directorial debut, Poisoning Paradise, at the?Napa Valley Film Festival Gala in Northern California in November
Most watched News videos
- Billy Bush talks to Stephen Colbert about being fire from Today
- Melanie Martinez at 'American Horror Story' premiere in L.A.
- Paul McCartney hugs Leigh Sales as she is overcome with emotion
- Kim Kardashian looks stylish in cutout dress
- Trouble in paradise: Two seniors brawl during Caribbean holiday
- Persons of interest in the death of Sydney Loofe release video
- Sir Elton on stage in Barcelona just hours before his mother died
- Busted! Package thief caught after her getaway driver flees
- Soldier surprises his 76ers dancer by returning from deployment
- Wild fight erupts between teacher and student inside classroom
- Disturbing video shows teen hurling a cat into the street
- Everyone is trying the latest trend: Invisible box challenge!
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.