'I'm so grateful': Berlin Syndrome star Teresa Palmer pays tribute to 'brave' real-life abduction victim Natascha Kampusch for inspiring her portrayal
She played a character who is kidnapped by a handsome German in the harrowing recent film Berlin Syndrome.
And while Teresa Palmer is up for Best Lead Actress at this week's AACTA awards, she said real-life abduction victim?Natascha Kampusch deserves most of the credit for her performance.
Speaking to News Corp on Tuesday, the 31-year-old actress said she drew upon the Austrian's awful experience which was detailed in her book 3096 Days, describing her as 'brave.
'I’m so grateful to Natascha': In an interview with News Corp on Tuesday, Teresa Palmer (pictured) said?real-life abduction victim Natascha Kampusch deserved most of the credit for her performance in Berlin Syndrome
'I’m so grateful to Natascha and her openness and her willingness to share her journey,' Teresa told the online publication.
She added that Natascha's experience and her writing had a profound effect on her.
'It was so deeply impactful on me and I want to honour how brave she is and how brave people are when they find themselves in that situation,' Teresa said.
'I want to honour how brave she is': Teresa paid tribute to?Natascha (pictured) who was kidnapped aged 10 and held captive for eight years
'I’m so grateful to Natascha and her openness and her willingness to share her journey' Teresa added she drew inspiration from Natascha's experience and her memoir 3096 Days
In 1998, a then 10-year-old?Natascha was taken from her family and imprisoned in a cellar by?Wolfgang P?iklopil for eight years.
She escaped in 2006 and later penned a memoir about the experience.
In Berlin Syndrome, Teresa played an Australian backpacker who was also held captive for an extended period against her will.?
Harrowing role:?In Berlin Syndrome, Teresa played an Australian backpacker who was held captive by a handsome German against her will
As well as being an actress, Teresa is a proud?mother to two children with husband Mark Webber, 37.
The blonde beauty is a doting parent to sons Bodhi Rain, three, Forest Sage, ten months, as well as husband Mark's son Isaac, nine, from a previous relationship.?
Although Teresa has found success on the silver screen, many also know her for blogs 'Your Zen Life' and 'Your Zen Mama.'??
Mum's the word:?Teresa is a proud mother to two children with husband Mark Webber, 37
Most watched News videos
- VERY relaxed wombat finds the perfect place to cool down
- Dash cam footage shows Randy Travis naked during a 2012 arrest
- Billy Bush talks to Stephen Colbert about being fire from Today
- The Grinch! Woman takes Christmas decorations from Texas porch
- Soldier surprises his 76ers dancer by returning from deployment
- North Carolina man believed to be involved in death of 3-year-old
- Wild fight erupts between teacher and student inside classroom
- Persons of interest in the death of Sydney Loofe release video
- Watch trailer for the film TRAFFICKED, about human trafficking
- Kim Kardashian looks stylish in cutout dress
- Dad breaks down when step-daughter asking him to adopt her
- Melanie Martinez at 'American Horror Story' premiere in L.A.
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.