Katie Holmes shops for baking supplies with daughter Suri in NYC... before showing off Christmas cookies on Instagram
She spent time with family over Thanksgiving whipping up treats in the kitchen and it seems Katie Holmes is already started on the Christmas goodies.
On Sunday the 38-year-old actress was pictured out in New York shopping for baking utensils at Williams Sonoma with daughter Suri, 11.
Keeping out the autumn chill Katie was wrapped up in a navy pea coat and jeans while Suri - who she shares with ex-husband Tom Cruise - opted for a more colorful padded coat.
Stocking up: Katie Holmes went shopping for bakeware with her daughter Suri in New York on Sunday
The Dawson's Creek star accessorized with a maroon handbag and appeared to be makeup-free.
Both mother and daughter carried purchases from the kitchenware store as they headed home no doubt eager to get started on their baking.
Later in the day the Batman Begins star gave her 1.1 million Instagram followers a glimpse at the beautifully decorated cookies she made with her daughter.
In a snap shared Sunday evening, a variety of festive cookies could be seen decorated with red and green frosting.
Family time: The mother daughter duo went to Williams Sonoma and both came away with purchases
Winter chic: Suri sported a fetching Dolce & Gabbana padded coat while Katie opted for a navy pea coat
The brunette beauty captioned the photo with hearts, pink bows and Christmas trees.
Meanwhile, Katie's hair stylist has explained why he chose the pixie crop the actress has recently been showing off.
The new look is for her next movie role as a former marine in Doorman.
DJ Quintero says the inspiration for the look was to find a 'balance' between a girly hair style that is empowering.
He told People: 'We were trying to find a balance between something feminine but kickass cause she’s working really hard — her body looks incredible.'
The result! Katie shared a snap of some of the festive treats the duo whipped up on Sunday night
Katie apparently had to have her hair cut 'three' times to achieve the perfect style, which meant her tresses only got 'shorter and shorter and shorter'.
Quintero continued: 'She really wanted it to move on camera so it was actually like three haircuts. We did it over the weekend and it kind got shorter and shorter and shorter.'
However, this is not the first time Katie has had short hair, as she previously boasted a cropped do in 2008.
Katie stars in the forthcoming action thriller alongside Sophia Bush, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Sofia Vergara and Hailee Steinfeld.
Sultry: The Batman Begins star posted this sexy throwback photo on Saturday and captioned it 'Happy weekend :)'
Most watched News videos
- Busted! Package thief caught after her getaway driver flees
- Everyone is trying the latest trend: Invisible box challenge!
- New invisible box jump trend takes Twitter by storm
- Disturbing video shows teen hurling a cat into the street
- Sir Elton on stage in Barcelona just hours before his mother died
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- Moment thrill seeking base jumpers leap from 530ft Beachy Head
- Horrifying moment dashcam shows lorry ploughing into two cars
- Heartbreaking footage shows helpless puppies rescued from tar
- Snake lunges at Toff as she's suspended in the air during trial
- Cruise ship sprayed down after passengers struck down by gastro
- Heroic neighbours rescue woman after attack by two dogs
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.