'Beyonce changes her email address every week': Ed Sheeran says the pop diva goes to extreme lengths to protect her privacy
Beyonce's not one to get too attached to an email address.
'I have an email address that I email ... that actually changes every week' to arrange a chat with Beyonce, the 26-year-old singer said. 'So I emailed that and then we got on the phone, and it's been in the works since May.
Scroll below for video?
Moving targets: Beyonce changes her email address on a weekly basis, Ed Sheeran revealed to Entertainment Tonight on Friday
'It’s kind of like what I aspire to be, I think.'
Sheeran said he was able to scale the digital gauntlet and catch up with the 36-year-old Houston native about the nascent single.
The Thinking Out Loud artist said that there were a few delays, as the pop icon gave birth to her twins Rumi and Sir this past June.
'Obviously she had twins, and we finished it in September, so I've been holding onto it since then,' he said.
The Castle on the Hill crooner praised Beyonce for her prescience in performance, as she nailed the single in a single take - 'One take vocals,' he said - and even added her creative two cents on the background instrumentals.
Goals: Sheeran revealed to the show that he hopes to emulate Bey's elusiveness in the future
Top of the heap: Sheeran has been one of pop's most enduring stars over the past few years
'The original version of Perfect was just an acoustic guitar and she rung me up and was like, "I don’t know how you feel about this but I’ve taken all the instruments off it and it's just gonna be acoustic guitar."
'And I was like, "Ah that’s great, because it used to be that!"'
The Shape of You singer noted that it was smooth sailing once he and the Formation artist were in the studio.
Dynamic duo: The performers shared the stage at a Stevie Wonder salute in 2015?
Simpatico: The singers, performing together in 2015 in NYC, made magic happen in a four-hour studio session earlier this year amid the making of Perfect?
Magnetic: Taylor Swift warmed up to Ed during a performance in San Jose on Saturday?
'When we got in together, it wasn’t so much notes ... it was very much like a back and forth thing, like, "What’d you think of this?" Or "What do you think of this?"
'And we were probably in the studio for four hours,' Sheeran said. 'She was just like, "Right!" Went in, one take, came out, like, "Yeah, that sounds alright!"'
In the interview, Sheeran also said he'd be amenable to perform at Prince Harry's wedding to Meghan Markle if he's available to.?
Most watched News videos
- Busted! Package thief caught after her getaway driver flees
- New invisible box jump trend takes Twitter by storm
- Everyone is trying the latest trend: Invisible box challenge!
- Snake lunges at Toff as she's suspended in the air during trial
- Horrifying moment dashcam shows lorry ploughing into two cars
- Sir Elton on stage in Barcelona just hours before his mother died
- Moment thrill seeking base jumpers leap from 530ft Beachy Head
- Disturbing video shows teen hurling a cat into the street
- Nigel Farage defends Donald Trump retweeting Britain First
- Knife-wielding moped robbers raid building on Fleet Street
- Earl Kimrey charged with the death of 3-year-old Mariah Miller
- DUP leader lashes out at Irish government over Belfast agreement
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.