'This happens to men, too': The Crown's Matt Smith says he's been 'objectified' before and that it doesn't just happen to women in Hollywood
There's been a wave of sexual harassment and sexual assault allegations out of Hollywood in recent months.
And while the majority of the victims speaking up so far have been women, The Crown's Matt Smith says that men can also be victims of this predatory behaviour.
Speaking to The Telegraph, the 35-year-old revealed that he's been objectified by men before.?
'That’s not to say I haven’t been objectified before by men, because I have': Matt Smith made a candid confession to The Telegraph this week
After saying that all people, regardless of their industry need a platform to have their voices heard, the star said: 'That’s not to say I haven’t been objectified before by men, because I have - just like women are objectified.
'It is not exclusive to them. This happens to men, too.'
He failed to go into further details about his experiences in the industry.?
'It is not exclusive to them [women],' explained Matt. 'This happens to men, too.'
Matt is currently promoting season two of The Crown.
The British thespian plays the on-screen husband of the award-winning Claire Foy, who has garnered attention for her role as Queen Elizabeth II.?
He recently discussed how the second series of The Crown will be even more lavish than the first after it became Netflix's most expensive series.
Actor: In The Crown, the British thespian plays the on-screen husband of the award-winning Claire Foy Crown, who has garnered attention for her role as Queen Elizabeth II
The Crown's first 10 episodes cost at least ￡100million to produce which made it the most expensive drama produced by Netflix to date.
He said on Radio 2: 'It’s got great scale to it. That’s one of the virtues of the show, it’s got great ambition and great scale. There’s a lot of extras as well which is a tell-tale sign of a film set.'
Series two of The Crown will move the love story of the young royals on which will see them face marital strife.?
Lavish: Matt recently discussed how the second series of The Crown will be even more lavish than the first after it became Netflix's most expensive series
Most watched News videos
- Surveillance video shows Palm Beach cop shoot his ex-girlfriend
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle carry out first royal engagement together
- Megan Markle and Prince Harry announce their engagement
- Prince Harry asked how it feels to be with Meghan 'as a ginger'
- WHAT?!: Incredible moment dog reacts to news she'll get a brother
- Meghan politely picks up a glove and returns it to a crowd member
- Touching moment Prince Harry straightens young fan's hat
- Royal fashion: Meghan Markle sparkles on Nottingham visit
- Meghan chats to a Suits fan about the show on first engagement
- Newly engaged Harry and Meghan greet crowds in Nottingham
- Meghan shows off her caring side as she meets shy boy
- Fan gives Meghan Markle a bag of Haribo on her first royal event
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.