Frances Bean Cobain is now officially divorced from Isaiah Silva... but fight still rages over father Kurt Cobain's famous guitar
She filed for divorce from Isaiah Silva back in 2016 after two years of marriage.
And Frances Bean Cobain has finally been granted the separation, according to?TMZ.?
The 25-year-old model and artist was granted the divorce on Thursday, though she is still locked in a bitter dispute with Isaiah, 32, over spousal support, attorney's fees and perhaps most contentiously, property division.
Good news: It seems Frances Cobain, 25, has finally been granted a divorce from?Isaiah Silva, 32
One of the main sticking points involves her famous father's?six-string 1959 Martin D-18E acoustic guitar, which is currently in Isaiah's possession.?
Kurt played the instrument in Nirvana's famous MTV Unplugged session, and she has claimed he has refused to return it since she filed for divorce.
Isaiah has insisted Frances gave him the guitar as a gift and so it is his to keep, while the brunette beauty insists she would never have given him a 'priceless family heirloom'.
Unhappy union: She filed for divorce from Isaiah Silva back in 2016 after two years of marriage (couple pictured in 2015)
Her mother,?Courtney Love, is set to appear in court in a bid to help regain the instrument for her daughter.
The 53-year-old singer and songwriter - who was married to the late Nirvana band member for two years, before he tragically took his own life in 1994 - has been asked by her daughter for help, and will testify on her behalf.
According to court documents, which have been obtained by The Blast, Frances filed the official documents to split from the 32-year-old, and reportedly listed her father’s estate as her own property separate from any joint ownership she and Isaiah have together.?
Darling duo: Her mother, Courtney Love, is set to appear in court in a bid to help regain the instrument for her daughter (mother and daughter pictured together in September)
After Courtney presents her testimony, Frances will hand over a collection of photographs and messages exchanged as evidence.
Frances’s supporting documents are believed to include photographs of the guitar, as well as images of the shop where it was purchased, and receipts to prove it belongs to the Cobain family.
Frances will also provide text messages exchanged between her former lover to a third party about the issue.?
Who's is it??One of the main sticking points involves her famous father's six-string 1959 Martin D-18E acoustic guitar, which is currently in Isaiah's possession
Most watched News videos
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle carry out first royal engagement together
- Meghan politely picks up a glove and returns it to a crowd member
- Meghan shows off her caring side as she meets shy boy
- Prince Harry asked how it feels to be with Meghan 'as a ginger'
- Newly engaged Harry and Meghan greet crowds in Nottingham
- Royal fashion: Meghan Markle sparkles on Nottingham visit
- Meghan chats to a Suits fan about the show on first engagement
- Fan gives Meghan Markle a bag of Haribo on her first royal event
- Touching moment Prince Harry straightens young fan's hat
- Meghan stuns in roll neck and midi skirt on first royal engagement
- William: 'Hopefully Harry will stay out my fridge now he's engaged'
- Victoria's Secret models say n-word during Cardi B singalong
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.