'We connect on this level of music': Jennifer Lopez reveals she 'repaired' Marc Anthony relationship by recording with him
Studio therapy:?Jennifer Lopez said she 'repaired' her relationship with Marc Anthony by worked together on her upcoming album
They were one of music's most famous couples during their decade-long marriage.
And Jennifer Lopez has revealed she managed to 'repair' her relationship with Marc Anthony after they worked together on her upcoming album Por Primera Vez.
The 48-year-old singer teamed up with the Latin music giant and producer - whom she was married to from 2004 to 2014 - to record the Spanish language album.
The Latina star said that working together helped them patch up some of the 'fractured' parts of their relationship so they can now consider each other 'friends again'.
The Booty star told Spotify's Viva Latino podcast: (Collaborating) actually kind of repaired certain parts of our relationship that had been fractured from our marriage and our divorce and it kind of made us friends again.
'Because when we first started working together, it's how we met ... we met working. And so we remembered that like, "Oh right, we connect on this level of music." We have that. And that's what the album came out of.'
Shades of Blue actress Jennifer split from Marc in 2011, and their divorce was finalised three years later.
Rekindling the magic: Jennifer worked with Marc on her upcoming album Por Primera Vez
However she has has remained supportive of her former spouse, who sired her nine-year-old twins Emme and Max, ever since.
They couple had been friends long before they were romantically involved, and are now once again on a friendly footing.
The pair have moved on, and Jennifer is now being romanced by former New York Yankees star Alex Rodriguez.
Earlier this month, Jennifer recorded her own version of Marc's track Vivir Mi Vida as a tribute to the 49-year-old musician's late mother Guillermina Qui?ones, who passed away in July this year.
Moving on: Jennifer is now dating former baseball hero Alex Rodriguez
Speaking about her decision to cover the track, she said: 'The first thing that came to my mind, because Marc's mom had just passed away, you know, my kids' grandma, was Vivir Mi Vida.?
'And I thought, "I think that's a good song to sing right now."
'But, in a different way. Not in the kind of up-tempo, rhythmic, salsa way that Marc did it, but in a way where you really hear the words to that song, which is, you know, you have one life and you have to live it.'
Tribute: The Booty star said she recorded one of Marc's songs in memory of his mother
Most watched News videos
- Matt Lauer seen returning to Hamptons home after Today show axe
- Royal fashion: Meghan Markle sparkles on Nottingham visit
- Meghan stuns in roll neck and midi skirt on first royal engagement
- Meghan chats to a Suits fan about the show on first engagement
- Meghan shows off her caring side as she meets shy boy
- Newly engaged Harry and Meghan greet crowds in Nottingham
- Fan gives Meghan Markle a bag of Haribo on her first royal event
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle carry out first royal engagement together
- Prince Harry asked how it feels to be with Meghan 'as a ginger'
- Meghan politely picks up a glove and returns it to a crowd member
- Victoria's Secret models say n-word during Cardi B singalong
- Megan Markle and Prince Harry announce their engagement
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.