Another Good O-man for the cast: First look at Jon Hamm as Archangel Gabriel as he joins star-studded Terry Pratchett adaptation Good Omens
He's an Emmy award-winning actor, best known for his role as Don Draper in the hit TV series Mad Men.
And Jon Hamm looked every inch the Hollywood icon as Amazon revealed the first look of him portraying the Archangel Gabriel in the adaptation of Terry Pratchett's Good Omens on Thursday.
The 46-year-old heartthrob looked angelic in a pale blue coat and matching polo neck as he smoldered in front of the camera.
Scroll down for video?
Angelic: Jon Hamm looked every inch the Hollywood icon as Amazon revealed the first look of him portraying the Archangel Gabriel in the adaptation of Terry Pratchett's Good Omens on Thursday
The American actor looked his usual dapper self, pairing his outerwear with fitted suit trousers and?slung a powder blue scarf casually around his neck.
The all-blue ensemble is no doubt in keeping with his character as the lead angel, who acts as an antithesis to Michael Sheen’s character, Aziraphale, and David Tennant’s devillish Crowley.?
His coiffed locks were peppered with a touch of grey as filming got under way for the TV series.??
Star-studded cast: Good Omens is based on the late fantasy author's book, which tells the story of angel Aziraphale and demon Crowley who team up to stop the birth of Satan
Good Omens co-author Neil Gaman shared the snap on his Twitter page captioning it: 'So for you, for me, for all of us. FOR PEOPLE NOT YET BORN.
'This is what Jon Hamm looks like as the Angel Gabriel in the upcoming TV series of GOOD OMENS. A thing of beauty, and a joy for ever.'
Hamm will join the likes of David Tennant, Michael Sheen and Jack Whitehall in a star-studded cast for the six-part series.?
Quite the transformation: From 1960s drama to an?adaptation of Terry Pratchett's Good Omens, Jon Hamm has made quite the transformation
Best known: He still best known as Donald Draper from the hit TV show
Good Omens is based on the late fantasy author's book, which tells the story of angel Aziraphale and demon Crowley who team up to stop the birth of Satan.
Miranda Richardson and Michael McKean are also starring in the series.?
The series is co-produced by BBC Two and Amazon. With filming just starting, the adaptation will not air until 2018.?
The Angel of Christmas: The ruggedly handsome actor recently appeared in?Black Mirror: White Christmas
Most watched News videos
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle carry out first royal engagement together
- Megyn Kelly reacts to Matt Lauer firing over 'sex assault'
- Matt Lauer seen returning to Hamptons home after Today show axe
- Prince Harry asked how it feels to be with Meghan 'as a ginger'
- Meghan chats to a Suits fan about the show on first engagement
- Meghan politely picks up a glove and returns it to a crowd member
- Newly engaged Harry and Meghan greet crowds in Nottingham
- Meghan shows off her caring side as she meets shy boy
- NBC News has fired popular 'Today' show host Matt Lauer
- Fan gives Meghan Markle a bag of Haribo on her first royal event
- Touching moment Prince Harry straightens young fan's hat
- Meghan stuns in roll neck and midi skirt on first royal engagement
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.