'I'm really proud of her': Billie Lourd on her late mother Carrie Fisher's 'amazing' posthumous Grammy nomination
And on Tuesday, TMZ spoke to Carrie's daughter Billie Lourd about the honor.
The actress, 25, said she was 'really proud of her for it' and thought it was 'amazing.'
Candid: Billie Lourd called her mom Carrie Fisher's Grammy nomination 'amazing'; pictured on November 4 at the LACMA Art + Film Gala in LA
Billie was running errands in Beverly Hills as she spoke to the news outlet about her later mother's Grammy nomination.
When asked if she planned on accepting the award on behalf of her mom, she said: 'We'll see maybe, adding that she 'would love to.'
On another note, Billie revealed that she hasn't seen the latest Star Wars film.
The star said 'not yet' after asked by TMZ if Disney reached out to her to watch the Last Jedi, which is the last film Carrie worked on before her death in 2016.
Bittersweet:?The Grammys posthumously nominated Carrie Fisher for her The Princess Diarist memoir; Carrie pictured on November 28, 2016 at her Princess Diarist signing in LA
Family: The actress, 25, said she was 'really proud of her for it' and thought it was 'amazing;' seen with mom Carrie in London in June 2016 for the film Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie
Star Wars: The Last Jedi is set to be released on December 15.
Carrie died on December 27 at the age of 60 from cardiac arrest.?
Billie is the? only child of Carrie Fisher.
Carrie's memoir, The Princess Diarist, was released in November 2016; the book came to be after she found her old journals from when she filmed previous Star Wars films.
The Grammy nominations came on Tuesday; Carrie is facing off against Bernie Sanders and Mark Ruffalo, Bruce Springsteen, Shelly Peiken and Neil DeGrasse Tyson in the Spoken Word category.
Happy memories:?Billie is the only child of Carrie Fisher; pictured last year on Billie's Instagram
Carrie has authored eight books; her 2009 book Wishful Drinking was nominated in the same Grammy category as well.
The legend, who is the daughter of Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher, famously played Princess Leia in the Star Wards franchise.
Earlier this year, she was named a Disney Legend, which is a hall of fame program for the famed company.?
The good days: One day after Debbie's death, her mother Debbie Reynolds suffered a stroke and died later that day; Debbie was 84
Beaming: Billie was running errands in Beverly Hills as she spoke to the news outlet about her later mother's Grammy nomination; seen August 2016 at the Fox Summer TCA party in LA
Most watched News videos
- Matt Lauer seen returning to Hamptons home after Today show axe
- Megyn Kelly reacts to Matt Lauer firing over 'sex assault'
- NBC News has fired popular 'Today' show host Matt Lauer
- Meghan chats to a Suits fan about the show on first engagement
- Meghan shows off her caring side as she meets shy boy
- Newly engaged Harry and Meghan greet crowds in Nottingham
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle carry out first royal engagement together
- Meghan stuns in roll neck and midi skirt on first royal engagement
- Fan gives Meghan Markle a bag of Haribo on her first royal event
- Victoria's Secret models say n-word during Cardi B singalong
- Meghan politely picks up a glove and returns it to a crowd member
- Prince Harry asked how it feels to be with Meghan 'as a ginger'
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.