'It was pretty deep': Alexander Skarsgard reveals how he severely sliced palm requiring stitches
Alexander Skarsgard revealed how he sliced the palm of his hand last week requiring stitches.
The 41-year-old Swedish actor in an interview with ET Canada on Tuesday said the mishap occurred while on the job filming The Hummingbird Project in Montreal.
Skarsgard said he was 'OK' after the incident and explained he cut himself while shooting a scene.
Scroll down for video?
Work accident: Alexander Skarsgard, who shared an Instagram snap last week of his bloody palm, revealed during an interview on Tuesday that he was injured while filming in Montreal
'It was slippery outside, icy. I was running around a car and slipped and to brace my fall I reached out and there was something sticking out of the bumper of the car and pierced my thumb,' he said.
'It was pretty deep,' he added.
The actor said he received a 'couple stitches'.
'I cried a little. A little bit,' he joked.?
Grateful: The Swedish actor, 41, thanked the nurse and doctor who treated him joking that 'their swift and heroic action saved my life'
The actor last week posted a photo to his?Instagram?showing his bleeding hand, thanking the nurse and the?doctor who?treated him.
Next to the image of his bloodied hand, he wrote:?'I give thanks to nurse Rosalie and doctor Taleb at the local hospital in Lachute, Quebec. Their swift and heroic action saved my life.'
He added the hashtag #snitchesgetstitches.'
New look: Skarsgard is in Montreal filming the tech drama The Hummingbird Project and last month revealed he's had to shave his head for the role; pictured in NYC October 26
A month ago, the hunky actor shocked fans when he appeared at an event in New York with a bald head.
He had had to shave some of his hair off for his role in the tech drama in which he stars with Jesse Eisenberg and Salma Hayek.
Meanwhile, Variety reported Tuesday that Skarsgard?has been cast as the male lead in the upcoming BBC One-AMC series The Little Drummer Girl, based on the novel of the same name by John Le Carre.?
He plays Becker, an Israeli intelligence officer who embroils a young actress Charlie in a high stakes plot.
In September, Skarsgard won his first Emmy for his role in the HBO miniseries Big Little Lies opposite Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon.?
Gold: In September, Skarsgard won his first Emmy for his role in the HBO miniseries Big Little Lies opposite Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon
Most watched News videos
- Matt Lauer seen returning to Hamptons home after Today show axe
- Megyn Kelly reacts to Matt Lauer firing over 'sex assault'
- Savannah Guthrie reads apology from Matt Lauer on Today
- NBC News has fired popular 'Today' show host Matt Lauer
- Serena Williams posts video of her tropical honeymoon villa
- Victoria's Secret models say n-word during Cardi B singalong
- Meghan Markle's beloved rescue dogs seen in old Instagram video
- Meghan Markle's mom returns to work after engagement announcement
- Jacksonville man sentenced to life for shooting an off-duty cop
- Lip reading: Harry describes moment he knew they were meant to be
- Duchess of Cornwall is 'absolutely thrilled' over engagement news
- Newly engaged Harry and Meghan greet crowds in Nottingham