'It was really special!' Natalie Portman reflects on meeting now-husband Benjamin Millepied on the set of Black Swan in 2010
She scored more than just her Best Actress Oscar when she starred in Black Swan back in 2010.
Natalie Portman met her now-husband and father of her two children, choreographer Benjamin Millepied, on the set of the Darren Aronofsky thriller.
The talented star, 36, reminisced about her romance as she appeared in a question and answer session at the Vulture Festival at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel on Sunday.
Looking back: Natalie Portman reminisced about meeting husband, choreographer Benjamin Millepied, on the Black Swan set in 2010, ?at the Vulture Festival in Hollywood on Sunday
When asked what she liked most about her role as the tortured ballerina, the actress said that while winning an Oscar was great, finding her husband was even better.
'Yeah, the husband more,' she shared. 'It was really special and making it was really wonderful and so fun. It was really incredible.'?
The Jackie star thanked Benjamin, who choreographed and danced in the film, in her acceptance speech for Best Actress at the Academy Awards.?
'So many people helped me prepare for this role,' the actress said, giving shoutouts to co-stars Michelle Rodriguez Nouel and Marina Stavitskaya, trainers Mary Helen Bowers and Kurt Froman plus Russian ballet coach Olga Kostritzky.?
So much love: The actress, 36, said that while winning an Oscar was great, finding her husband was even better (pictured together in Los Angeles last month)
Ballet breakout: Natalie as the Swan Queen in director?Darren Aronofsky's Oscar-winning The Black Swan in 2010?
And she ended by saying thank you to 'my beautiful love, Benjamin Millepied, who choreographed the film and has now given me my most important role of my life'.
Natalie and Benjamin, 40, tied the knot in a Jewish ceremony in Big Sur, California, in 2012 after welcoming their son, Aleph, now five, in June 2011.
The couple are also parents of nine-month-old baby daughter Amalia.?
Natalie revealed that her body wasn't wrecked by the intensive training for Black Swan as real ballet dancers' backs, legs and feet often are - and that she still likes to dance.?
Dishing the details: The star reminisced about her romance as she appeared in a question and answer session at the Vulture Festival at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel
'I’m very lucky not to be a real dancer because their bodies do get so damaged for so long, a lot of them, not all of them,' she dished.?
'Doing it for eight months or something, I got off scot-free.'
The star also weighed in on the sex abuse scandal wracking Hollywood at the moment saying she was fortunate not to have been the victim of an actual assault.
But Natalie added she had 'a hundred stories' about how she had been mistreated by men in the industry.?
Lucky: Natalie revealed that her body wasn't wrecked by the intensive training for Black Swan as real ballet dancers' backs, legs and feet often are?
Most watched News videos
- Daring commuters pass hills engulfed in flames by Cali wildfires
- Palestinians torch Trump photos in protest against embassy move
- President Trump slurs speech during Jerusalem address
- Huge wildfire rages alongside busy Interstate 405 in California
- Met Office: Winds strengthen across UK as Storm Caroline develops
- Motorcyclist chased by driver before being mown down and killed
- Matt Lauer spotted leaving Long Island deli without wedding ring
- Trump announces he recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- 'Home's South London mate' Sadiq Khan's retort to BBC reporter
- Palestinians protest US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel capital
- Davis reveals there is no study for impact of Brexit on economy