Plane awful! Airline passengers share shocking pictures of the worst food they've ever been served when flying
- They include green mush, bizarre-looking burgers and bread like cardboard?
- Breakfast doesn't fare any better with rubbery eggs and tasteless sausages?
- One piece of food had a 'sterilized' sticker on it - both reassuring and alarming?
Most travellers don't expect to be served up Michelin-starred cuisine when flying - but sometimes the bar is set just a little bit too low.
Subterranean, in fact - as an online gallery of some of the worst?meals passengers have ever encountered on planes shows.
One snap shows what is meant to be a toasted cheese sandwich, but it looks more like a piece of cardboard.
Other unappetising meals include a tray full of green mush, a bizarre looking burger and even a tiny sandwich with a huge chunk of cucumber in the middle.
While the breakfasts served up don't look much better. There are images of rubbery eggs, tasteless sausages and bizarre-looking baked beans.
Scroll down to view the grim grub.
This green mush appears to be a substance that's unknown to science
Tastebuds may change when you're flying at 36,000 feet, but this meal wouldn't be appetising at any altitude
It is meant to be a toasted cheese and ham sandwich, but this looks more like a piece of cardboard?
A big breakfast can set you up for the day ahead, but after eating this rubbery egg and bizarre-looking beans, you'll probably still be hungry
Alarming: It's good to know that your food hasn't been contaminated but this sticker on the sausage gave one passenger cause for concern?
You don't expect huge portions while flying but this fried food, left, and cucumber sandwich, right, looks tiny
Meat and potatoes are a safe option to go for when flying, but the identity of the food on the left is a mystery
Pasta is another staple dish served up on airlines, but the bolognese sauce on top of this meal looks far from appetising?
They say presentation can turn an average meal into a great meal, but clearly the cook who prepared this didn't get the memo?
It's obviously difficult for cabin crew to keep food hot while travelling at 36,000 feet, but this lasagna doesn't even look cooked?
The passenger expecting a juicy meatball sandwich will have been severely disappointed when he opened this up?
This burger, which consists of meat and a few slices of lettuce, is what passengers are given on North Korea airlines?
At first glance, this sandwich might look perfectly edible (left), but on closer inspection the passenger decided to give it a miss (right)
Waking up to this breakfast after flying through the night is enough to make you want to go back to sleep?
Food experts say you should try to include different coloured food in your diet - but it's almost impossible with this rice dish
Most watched News videos
- Man rescues rabbit amidst intensifying flames from LA wildfire
- President Trump slurs speech during Jerusalem address
- 'Home's South London mate' Sadiq Khan's retort to BBC reporter
- ISIS fighters scream in panic before being blown up in Syria
- Daring commuters pass hills engulfed in flames by Cali wildfires
- Motorcyclist chased by driver before being mown down and killed
- Moment Charlie Pearce hides behind a car to avoid a police car
- Sarah Sanders: Trump slurred words because his 'throat was dry'
- Huge wildfire rages alongside busy Interstate 405 in California
- Met Office: Winds strengthen across UK as Storm Caroline develops
- Palestinians protest US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel capital
- Moment MP Grayling STRUGGLES to cope with BBC grilling on Brexit