Revealed: How to make sure your suitcase comes out FIRST on the luggage carousel at the airport
- A baggage handler has revealed how luggage is loaded on to planes at airports
- He says checking in first means you'll likely have to wait around for your bags
- But turning up to the airport later means your bags will arrive on carousel sooner
- Using a fragile sticker can also help speed up your bag on the luggage carousel ?
After a long, tiring flight the last thing you want to do is have to stand around and wait for your suitcase on the luggage carousel.
But a baggage handler has revealed how you can make sure that your luggage always comes off first - and it's all to do with how early you get to the airport.
According to Thomas Lo Sciuto, who worked at a regional airport in the US, if you check in for your flight early, chances are your bags will be one of the first to be loaded on the aircraft.
A baggage handler has revealed how you can make sure your checked luggage will be first on the baggage carousel at the airport after your flight (file picture)?
And this means that when the baggage handlers at your destination unload the plane, the bags that go on first, will come off last.
Taking to Quora, Mr Lo Sciuto revealed: 'Your best option is to be one of the last passengers to check your bags.?
'Bags will always be loaded front to back on the bag carts so if you check in last your bags will be in the last bag cart, which will make them the last on the aircraft, and the first off the aircraft at your destination.
'The same logic goes for the other end. If they are the first off the aircraft they will most likely be the first on the bag carts and then the first to be unloaded at baggage claim.'
But if waiting to check in at the last moment isn't an option, Mr Lo Sciuto says there's another trick you can try.
He explained: 'You can also gate check your bag so it will go on last.
'The downside of that method is that you will not be able to pack liquids or any other items that cannot go in a carry-on bag as you will need to bring the bag with you through the security checkpoint and to the gate.
The key to making sure you don't have to wait around for your cases is to leave it as late as you can to check in
'Also remember to be nice to your counter agents and gate agents. The friendlier you are the more likely you will get what you want.'
But if your bag is too big to go through security, there is one other trick you could try.
According to Travel + Leisure, you could ask the check in agent if they will put a fragile sticker over your bag.
This is because luggage with these on are also often loaded last with more care taken over them.?
Most watched News videos
- Daring commuters pass hills engulfed in flames by Cali wildfires
- President Trump slurs speech during Jerusalem address
- Huge wildfire rages alongside busy Interstate 405 in California
- 'Home's South London mate' Sadiq Khan's retort to BBC reporter
- Palestinians torch Trump photos in protest against embassy move
- Met Office: Winds strengthen across UK as Storm Caroline develops
- Motorcyclist chased by driver before being mown down and killed
- Man rescues rabbit amidst intensifying flames from LA wildfire
- Matt Lauer spotted leaving Long Island deli without wedding ring
- Trump announces he recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- Palestinians protest US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel capital