Goalkeeper tries to remove dog from play but canine pitch-invader rolls over for belly rub then gives stewards the runaround in Europa League clash
- During match between Vardar and Rosenborg a dog came onto the pitch?
- Vardar's goalkeeper?Filip Gacevski tried to pick it up but husky rolled over
- Stewards tried a more aggressive approach but it ran away from them?
- Europa League game was bizarre affair with flares going off during dog cameo?
Pitch invaders are usually nowhere near as cuddly as the one that interrupted Vardar's Europa League clash with Rosenborg.?
A dog ran onto the pitch at?Philip II Arena before rolling over for it's belly to be rubbed when Vardar goalkeeper?Filip Gacevski tried to pick it up.?
The Husky allowed Gacevski to give it some affection with a stroke but as soon as the stewards came out, it sensed something was awry.?
Scroll down for video...?
Vardar goalkeeper?Filip Gacevski approached the husky which initially seemed nervous
The dog then rolled onto it's back as the the keeper attempted to pick him up?
As the men in fluorescent jackets approached, the dog scarpered out of arms reach.?
Eventually the security managed to coax the canine pitch-invader off the turf and down one of the tunnels.
The 33,000 capacity stadium in Macedonia was sparsely packed but there were some passionate supporters setting off flares and they cheered on the impostor as the strange scene developed.
One fan tweeted a video of the situation, cutting between the smoke-filled end of the stadium to the halfway line where the dog had it's day.?
The dog seemed to be enjoying a belly rub as play was stopped in the Europa League clash
When the stewards began to make their way onto the pitch the dog started running away
It was a bizarre sight to see the dog on the pitch against the backdrop of flares being set off
Play then resumed after the bizarre incident in the final game of Group L and perhaps the husky's appearance will be seen as good luck.?
Vardar picked up their only point of the campaign as a Ytalo opener was cancelled out by Nicklas Bendtner's penalty on the brink of half time.
The Skopje-based club finished behind Rosenborg, Real Sociedad and Zenit St Petersburg after an arduous first season in the competition.
Most watched Sport videos
- Pep Guardiola on Old Trafford fracas and the team's next game
- Recovering John Terry runs up and down Villa Park Holte End
- Chelsea target Thomas Lemar trains with French Ligue 1 side Monaco
- MailOnline EXCLUSIVE: Neymar storms out of training after fight
- 'Best date ever' Eugenie Bouchard goes on date with fan after bet
- Midfielder Santi Cazorla posts rehab training on social media
- Jose Mourinho discusses derby defeat to rivals Man City
- 'Can't hit what you can't see': Confident words from Tyson Fury
- Moment Olympian Sir Bradley Wiggins makes his rowing debut
- MailOnline exclusive: Footage of England's Rio training ground
- 'You're really wrong obviously': Klopp bemoans penalty in 1-1 draw
- Midfielder Santi Cazorla pounces from long range in training