Chelsea legend John Terry celebrates his 37th birthday in bed as his twins bring him a football cake
- John Terry has been recovering from a broken metatarsal suffered in November
- The former Chelsea skipper celebrated his 37th birthday on Thursday
- Terry posted a video on Instagram as his children brought him a birthday cake
- The Aston Villa skipper described the gesture as the 'perfect birthday surprise'
- Terry is expected to return to action in January after an eight-week lay off
Chelsea legend John Terry enjoyed one of life's luxuries on Thursday morning, as he celebrated the 'perfect' 37th birthday in bed.
Terry, who has been practising his profession at Aston Villa this season, celebrated his big day with his 10-year-old twins, Georgie and Summer, who happily delivered the former Blues captain a football birthday cake.
And as Terry waited in his bedroom which, disregarding the bed of course, could have easily been mistaken for your average person's lounge, Georgie and Summer, entered past the hanging flat screen singing 'Happy Birthday' and holding the black and white spotted cake.
John Terry's 10-year-old twins bring him a football birthday cake on his 37th birthday
?The Chelsea legend was gifted the football-themed cake while he waited in bed
The Chelsea legend posted a video on Instagram that featured his birthday balloons
'A perfect BIRTHDAY surprise from @toniterry26 and Georgie & Summer this morning - 37 today,' he wrote on Instagram.
With Terry closing in on the big 40, it seems only a matter of time until the Premier League legend hangs up his boots for good, with the current Villa defender having even hinted at retirement after his final Chelsea game in May.
Terry fell nine games short of 700 appearances for his boyhood club before dropping down to the Championship. He led the Blues to five Premier League titles, five FA Cups, a Europa League and the club's first Champions League title.
But since joining the Villains, retirement has seemed a long way from Terry's mind.
The defender played in each of their first 16 Championship fixtures, where he even secured his first goal for the club, before an untimely injury cut his run short.
The 37-year-old broke his metatarsal in Villa's 2-1 defeat by Sheffield Wednesday early in November.
Terry has spent part of his recuperation back at Chelsea's Cobham training ground, while his Instagram feed has been brimming with fitness updates, with the central defender eager to return.
'I hate being injured and can't wait to be back. @yxngbane,' he wrote alongside one post as he trained in the gym.
'X-ray looking good and another good day today,' he wrote on another last week.
The extent of his absence was originally reported to be around eight to 10 weeks, which would see the former England international return to action in the new year.?
Terry has been recovering from a broken metatarsal injury that he suffered early in November
Most watched Sport videos
- Rio Ferdinand works up a sweat with girlfriend Katie Wright
- Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp insists 7-0 Spartak win was 'not easy'
- 'The game was fantastic': Mourinho on Manchester victory
- Dan Haag keeper Martin Hansen scores 95th minute mule kick
- 'Best date ever' Eugenie Bouchard goes on date with fan after bet
- Arsene Wenger 'angry and disappointed' after Arsenal lose 3-1
- Ronaldo's son shows off his football skills on the pitch
- Virtual tour of Tottenham Hotspur's incredible new ground
- Gary Neville and Manchester United legends enjoying night out
- Tottenham footballer Jan Vertonghen films himself during live draw
- Antoine Griezmann shows off his skills on the training pitch
- Belgian fans throw hundreds of teddy bears onto pitch to delay game
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.