Raheem Sterling mocks Manchester City team-mates David Silva and Fabian Delph for their shaved heads: 'Anyone fancy a boiled egg?'
- David Silva decided to shave his head and remove his flowing locks this season?
- Fabian Delph has had a hairless head since he started off his football career
- Manchester City take on local rivals Manchester United on Sunday afternoon?
And now it seems the England international is stepping up his social media game too with an early Tuesday morning put down of team-mates David Silva and Fabian Delph.
Silva joined the shaven-head club earlier this campaign, deciding to remove his long locks. Delph, meanwhile, has sported that hairstyle since he started his football career.?
Raheem Sterling mocked team-mates Fabian Delph (left) and David Silva (right) on Tuesday
Sterling is known for his own maverick hairstyle and did not let the hairless duo escape without facing some banter.
He posted two snaps to his Instagram story of a top-down perspective of both Silva and Delph's heads before comparing both of them to foods.
The 22-year-old captioned the images: 'Anyone fancy a malteaser (sic)? Or a boiled egg?'
Sterling has been in excellent form for Manchester City throughout this campaign
Delph has had a surprisingly important role to play for City this season since Benjamin Mendy suffered an injury.
He has filled in at left back for most of the campaign, although he did slot in in his more natural berth of central midfield for the game against West Ham on Sunday.
Silva has impressed too as City have stormed to the top of the Premier League, winning 13 games on the spin.
The league leaders can break the record for the consecutive number of Premier League matches won in a single season when they take on their local rivals Manchester United on Sunday.
His compatriot Delph has also played a surprising amount of football for City this season
Manchester City are top of the Premier League and have an eight-point lead over United
Most watched Sport videos
- Rio Ferdinand works up a sweat with girlfriend Katie Wright
- Chelsea 1-1 Atletico Madrid: Antonio Conte press conference
- McGregor and Hamilton join Versace at London Fashion Awards
- Belgian fans throw hundreds of teddy bears onto pitch to delay game
- Dele Alli reveals he plays badly when he thinks too much
- Goncharenko urges CSKA to regroup for Europa League
- Celtic 0-1 Anderlecht: Brendan Rodgers press conference
- Speedy recovery: David Luiz running on anti-gravity treadmill
- Highlights from the Street Fighter finals of the Gfinity Elite Series
- Pep Guardiola gives a press conference after Man City v West Ham
- 'The game was fantastic': Mourinho on Manchester victory
- Ronaldo's son shows off his football skills on the pitch
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.