Lionel Messi and Neymar's friendship is 'tense' after former Barcelona star posed for picture with Cristiano Ronaldo at Best FIFA Awards
- Neymar left Barcelona to seal a world-record move to PSG in the summer
- Reports in Spain suggest his relationship with Lionel Messi is 'deteriorating'?
- Messi is said to be unhappy with a picture including rival Cristiano Ronaldo?
Reports in Diario Gol suggest Messi is upset with the lack of loyalty he has been shown by Neymar since he backed him despite turning his back on Barcelona.?
Lionel Messi is said to have been disappointed with Neymar's picture with his dad and Cristiano Ronaldo at the FIFA Best Awards
Neymar shakes Ronaldo's hand as Messi watches on before the Portugal star takes top gong
Ronaldo, Neymar and Messi were all named in FIFA's best XI while the Real Madrid star beat off competition from his two rivals to be named the world's best player.?
And Messi is said to have been offended by Neymar's apparent support of Ronaldo.?
Messi has also claimed Barcelona are a better side without Neymar due to the Brazilian's lack of defensive qualities.?
'Neymar's departure has caused the way we play to change,' the Argentine told Marca.
'We lost a great deal of offensive potential but it favoured us in a defensive sense.
'Currently we are most well-armed in the middle of the field, we have more balance and that makes us stronger defensively.'
Neymar had a strong relationship with Messi but that is said to have deteriorated?
Most watched Sport videos
- 'I realised how good he is': Pep Guardiola on Nathan Redmond
- Ronaldo's son shows off his football skills on the pitch
- Gary Neville and Manchester United legends enjoying night out
- Anthony Joshua shows off his strength in a new workout video
- Arsenal v Manchester United - Premier League match preview
- Pep Guardiola excited for last-gasp winner over Southampton
- Everton caretaker manager proud over 4-0 win to West Ham
- Stoke 0-3 Liverpool: Post-match press conference with Jurgen Klopp
- James Anderson hilariously tackles captain Joe Root to the floor
- 'City almost unstoppable but United not going away': Danny Mills
- 'We played with creativity': Wenger on Arsenal Huddersfield 5-0 win
- Fosu-Mensah faces Courtois in NBA Celebrity Gaming Tournament
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.