Real Madrid president Florentino Perez will 'sell Gareth Bale, James Rodriguez, Karim Benzema and Raphael Varane' to fund sensational move for Neymar
- Paris Saint-Germain superstar Neymar is reportedly a target for Real Madrid
- The player's dad, also his agent, has refused to rule out a move to the Bernabeu?
- Madrid president Florentino Perez reportedly met with Neymar Snr this month?
- To fund Neymar's hefty buyout clause, Los Blancos may sell some big stars?
Neymar's buyout clause at PSG in his first season is ￡177million, it rises to ￡195m in his second year before settling at ￡221m thereafter.
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez could sell four star players to fund a move for Neymar
Perez is a huge admirer of the Brazilian and is said to be close with the star's father
Perez started the savings fund with the ￡70.6m sale of Alvaro Morata to Chelsea this summer, but will look to ship on Gareth Bale, James Rodriguez, Karim Benzema and Raphael Varane to further bankroll a potential deal.
Los Blancos, in the best-case scenario, reportedly hope for a return of ￡71m for Bale, ￡53m for Benzema, ￡44m for Rodriguez — currently on loan at Bayern Munich — and the same for Varane.
Should the La Liga giants receive their top estimations, they would have ￡212m at their disposal — almost enough to buyout Neymar's second-year clause.?
Bale is a target for Manchester United while Rodriguez could opt to make his stay in Munich permanent.
Gareth Bale and forward James Rodriguez, currently on loan at Bayern, are two who could go
Forward Karim Benzema and defender Raphael Varane could be two more who leave Madrid
United boss Jose Mourinho publicly declared an interest in the Welshman before the two clubs met in the European Super Cup in August and could revisit the option again next summer.?
Reports emerged earlier this month that Madrid President Florentino Perez had met with Neymar's father to discuss a move back to?Spain.
The player's dad, Neymar Snr, who is also his agent, has also refused to rule out a move to Real Madrid?— but was adamant the player will not move in the near future.
A move next summer does appear unlikely. However, Perez may begin decide to get the wheels turning in order to pounce should the opportunity arise.
The player's dad and agent, Neymar Snr, has also refused to rule out a move to Real Madrid
Most watched Sport videos
- 'The game was fantastic': Mourinho on Manchester victory
- Arsene Wenger 'angry and disappointed' after Arsenal lose 3-1
- Belgian fans throw hundreds of teddy bears onto pitch to delay game
- Moyes: We're gutted we lost
- Dele Alli reveals he plays badly when he thinks too much
- McGregor and Hamilton join Versace at London Fashion Awards
- Mauricio Pochettino discusses Watford draw on Saturday
- Pep Guardiola gives a press conference after Man City v West Ham
- Liverpool give Brighton a 'harsh lesson' with a 5-1 thrashing
- Courtois defeats Holding in NBA Celebrity Gaming Tournament Final
- Dan Haag keeper Martin Hansen scores 95th minute mule kick
- Ronaldo's son shows off his football skills on the pitch