Barcelona stars - including Lionel Messi - urge president Josep Maria Bartomeu to sign ￡133m Philippe Coutinho during January window
- Philippe Coutinho continues to be linked with a move to Barcelona
- Liverpool rejected bids from Barcelona for Coutinho during the summer
- Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Paulinho want the 25-year-old to join them at Barca
The Spanish giants came close to landing the 25-year-old playmaker in the summer but Liverpool held firm to hang on to their star midfielder.?
Liverpool rejected three bids with Barcelona seeing their final offer of ￡119million turned down by the Anfield outfit.?
Barcelona's stars have told?president Josep Maria Bartomeu to sign Philippe Coutinho
Luis Suarez is speaking to Coutinho on a weekly basis about the possibility of joining Barca
South Americans Lionel Messi (left), Paulinho (second left) and Suarez (right) have told club president Josep Maria Bartomeu they want Coutinho to join Barcelona in January
However La Liga's leaders could renew their interest in Coutinho, who has scored five goals for Liverpool since becoming a key component of Klopp's side again, in January.?
Coutinho's fellow South Americans Luis Suarez, Paulinho, Lionel Messi and Javier Mascherano have all reportedly spoken to?Bartomeu about signing the former Inter Milan man.?
The reports suggest Suarez, who played alongside Coutinho at Liverpool, is speaking to Coutinho about the possibility of moving to Spain every week, while Paulinho has tried to convince him while on international duty with Brazil.?
Barcelona's players believe they need another forward with Neymar no longer at the Nou Camp and Ousmane Dembele out injured until the new year.?
The Catalans are confident they can land their No 1 target in January if they launch a €150m (￡133m) offer.
Coutinho, pictured in training on Monday, wanted to join Barcelona during the summer
Ousmane Dembele remains on the sidelines and is not expected to be back until the new year
Most watched Sport videos
- Man City 2-1 Southampton: Pep Guardiola's press conference
- Stoke 0-3 Liverpool: Post-match press conference with Jurgen Klopp
- 'We played with creativity': Wenger on Arsenal Huddersfield 5-0 win
- Everton caretaker manager proud over 4-0 win to West Ham
- Arsene Wenger gives players knitting lessons in spoof charity video
- Watford 2-4 Manchester United: Jose Mourinho's press conference
- Sam Allardyce 'in talks' with Everton as new manager
- Arsenal Wenger discusses Arsenal's win over Huddersfield Town
- Mauricio Pochettino on Tottenham's performance against Leicester
- Holding faces Farrell in semi-final of NBA Celeb Gaming Tournament
- Man City's Bernardo Silva gets thrown in the pool by team-mates
- Santi Cazorla injury the worst Arsene Wenger has seen
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.