Manchester United arrive at Stockport Station ahead of journey south for crucial Premier League showdown with Watford
- Manchester United head to Watford in the Premier League on Tuesday night?
- Jose Mourinho's side are eight points behind leaders Manchester City?
- They edged out Brighton 1-0 on Saturday thanks to Lewis Dunk own goal
And Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Co looked focused knowing they cannot afford any slip-ups with rivals Manchester City holding onto their eight-point advantage at the top of the table courtesy of Raheem Sterling's late winner at Huddersfield.??
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho (right) arrives at Stockport Station on Monday
Nemanja Matic (left) and Zlatan Ibrahimovic (right) ahead of the trip to Watford
Paul Pogba (right) and Co looked focused ahead of the crucial Premier League clash
Chris Smalling (left) and Victor Lindelof (right) kept low profiles ahead of the journey south
The Red Devils United looked a shadow of their best as they edged out Brighton thanks to a Lewis Dunk own goal at Old Trafford on Saturday and will know they face a tough task against The Hornets, who sit just four points outside the top four after a fine start to the season.??
United were beaten 3-1 on their last visit to Watford in the early stages of last season, while Marco Silva held Mourinho's team to a goalless draw at Old Trafford when in charge of Hull City last season.
Watford sit eighth in the league table following their impressive 3-0 win at Newcastle on Saturday and Silva's fine work is attracting admiring glances from managerless Everton.???
Spanish trio Juan Mata (left), Ander Herrera (centre) and David de Gea looked in good spirits
Argentinian duo Marcos Rojo (left) and Sergio Romero (right) chatted amongst themselves
Nonetheless, United will be favourites to take all three points and keep the pressure on City, who play at home to Southampton on Wednesday.?
Speaking about the challenge ahead, Mourinho said: 'Against Watford I was very upset with Watford's first goal after some guy sent (Anthony) Martial to the hospital and the referee let it go,' Mourinho said.??
'That is the reason why I was very, very upset at Watford. I think Watford made also progress. They have an unusual squad for a mid-table team.
'They have a squad full of very good players who are not normal to be in these mid-table teams. They have a good coach. They have improved a lot from last season too.'
Mourinho makes his way through the station on his way to the platform
Pogba (right) walks down the platform with his personalised bag as Antonio Valencia follows
The United squad laugh among themselves as they wait for their train to arrive?
Most watched Sport videos
- Watford 2-4 Manchester United: Jose Mourinho's press conference
- Arsene Wenger gives players knitting lessons in spoof charity video
- Man City's Bernardo Silva gets thrown in the pool by team-mates
- Sam Allardyce 'in talks' with Everton as new manager
- Mauricio Pochettino on Tottenham's performance against Leicester
- Golden Boot: Which Premier League player is leading the race?
- Holding faces Farrell in semi-final of NBA Celeb Gaming Tournament
- 'I've got the heaviest head': Bancroft talks Bairstow's headbutt
- Jose Mourinho previews Man Utd's next match against Watford
- Sports Personality of the Year 2017: The final shortlist
- Arsene Wenger speaks after hard fought 1-0 win over Burnley
- Guardiola praises side after 'deserved' win at Huddersfield
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.