John Terry shares latest gym workout as he continues injury rehab in bid to return for Aston Villa promotion push
- Aston Villa defender John Terry posts video montage of his workout at the gym
- The defender is expected to be out for the rest of the year with a broken toe
- Terry completed bench presses, chin ups and swam laps in the pool on Monday
John Terry admits he hates being injured, but the veteran Aston Villa defender looks to be taking a proactive outlook on his recovery by hitting the gym for a big Monday session.
The 36-year-old is expected to be out for the rest of the year after suffering a fracture to his fifth metatarsal during Aston Villa's 2-1 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday earlier this month.
But following a brief break in?Dubai, Terry was back at work as he completed the latest stint in his rehabilitation, and shared an inspiring gym montage that wouldn't look out of place in a Rocky film.
John Terry showed off his upper-body strength with some impressive bench presses
The 36-year-old is continuing to work hard in the gym despite him broken metatarsal
While still wearing his protective boot, Terry completed a series of bench presses and chin-ups before partaking in some leg strengthening exercises on the floor.
His caption read: 'I hate being injured and can’t wait to be back.'
That would have been more than enough for your average gym bunny, but Terry is anything but. Not quite burnt out, the former Chelsea and England captain strapped on his snorkel and tightened his trunks before hitting the pool for some laps.
Terry worked on his hip flexors with some resistance band training as part of a big gym session
Terry rounded it off with a few laps in the swimming pool to cap a good day of rehabilitation
The video would have served as good viewing for Aston Villa fans, who will no doubt be looking forward to the return of Terry as their Premier League promotion push clings on under manager Steve Bruce.
Following a 2-1 win over QPR at the weekend, the Villans moved up to fifth in the table but they have a lot of ground to make up on Wolves and Sheffield United, who occupy first and second place and sit nine and seven points ahead respectively.
Terry was present for the game as his team-mates sealed a win and he posted a cheeky message on his Instagram afterwards, saying: 'Walking away from Loftus Road with three points like always.'
Most watched Sport videos
- Rio Ferdinand works up a sweat with girlfriend Katie Wright
- Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp insists 7-0 Spartak win was 'not easy'
- Chelsea 1-1 Atletico Madrid: Antonio Conte press conference
- McGregor and Hamilton join Versace at London Fashion Awards
- Spartak boss disappointed following 7-0 defeat to Liverpool
- Speedy recovery: David Luiz running on anti-gravity treadmill
- Belgian fans throw hundreds of teddy bears onto pitch to delay game
- Dele Alli reveals he plays badly when he thinks too much
- Celtic 0-1 Anderlecht: Brendan Rodgers press conference
- Goncharenko urges CSKA to regroup for Europa League
- Highlights from the Street Fighter finals of the Gfinity Elite Series
- 'The game was fantastic': Mourinho on Manchester victory