James Anderson smashes Joe Root to dressing room floor mid-way through captain's good luck message to rugby league team ahead of World Cup final
- England cricket shared video of Joe Root's message to rugby league team?
- Wayne Bennett's side face Australia at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane on Saturday?
- Root was mid-way through message when James Anderson tackled him
Joe Root's good luck message to the England rugby league team ahead of the World Cup final was savagely interrupted by James Anderson.
The veteran bowler charged at his captain, smashing him to the ground with a big hit as he cried: 'Rip in lads! Get in.'
Fortunately the stunt was orchestrated to give Root a soft landing on a pile of pads in the dressing room.?
Scroll down for video...?
Joe Root started out by sending a run of the mill good luck message to the rugby league team
He began by saying: 'Lads, just want to wish you all the very best of luck for the final on behalf of all the England cricket boys.?
'We're desperate to see you beat Australia in Australia. Very best of luck.'?
But Anderson cut the message short as he wrapped up the batsman, sending them both of them crashing to the floor.??
Australia head into the rugby league World Cup final as heavy favourites to retain their crown and overcame the English in the opening group game of the tournament.?
Root is suddenly smashed by James Anderson who comes hurtling into shot?
The veteran bowler yells 'Rip in! Get in' as he sends the captain crashing to the floor?
Root's side are also up against it opposing their antipodean counterparts, trailing 1-0 in the Ashes after a 10-wicket defeat in Brisbane.
The holders will view the second Test as a huge opportunity to get back on terms given the conditions with the pink ball are expected to suit England's bowlers.
And Trevor Bayliss's men would no doubt take great inspiration if Sam Burgess and Co could get one over on Australia in the final ahead of their day-night game in Adelaide.
Most watched Sport videos
- Ronaldo's son shows off his football skills on the pitch
- 'I realised how good he is': Pep Guardiola on Nathan Redmond
- Anthony Joshua shows off his strength in a new workout video
- Pep Guardiola excited for last-gasp winner over Southampton
- Man City's Bernardo Silva gets thrown in the pool by team-mates
- Watford 2-4 Manchester United: Jose Mourinho's press conference
- Arsene Wenger gives players knitting lessons in spoof charity video
- Striker Kylian Mbappe gets pranked by his new team-mates
- Mourinho admits side didn't play well but praises tough Brighton
- 'I've got the heaviest head': Bancroft talks Bairstow's headbutt
- Arsene Wenger speaks after hard fought 1-0 win over Burnley
- 'When you realise you're a fat mess' Tyson Fury dances in the ring
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.