Beauty influencer, 19, is told to kill herself for 'lying about her looks' after posting selfie without make-up
- Trolls posted photographs of Victoria Katei, 19, online without any make-up on
- She reposted them along with an image of her in full make-up to address them?
- In an Instagram post, Katei said she had been told to kill herself and was accused of lying about her looks
- In the image with make-up, her skin appears lighter and her eye color has changed from brown to green?
- Katei, a chemistry student from Houston, Texas, said she was merely passionate about make-up?
A beauty influencer has been told to kill herself and was accused of lying about her looks after sharing selfies which show her with and without make-up.?
Katei, who is also a chemistry student and lives in Houston, Texas, reposted it along with one of her signature made-up looks to address the trolls.?
'Accounts have been posting pictures of me with make-up versus no make-up telling me I'm a catfish and that I'm hideous.?
Victoria Katei, 19, says trolls told her to kill herself and accused her of lying about her looks after she posted these photographs showing her with and without make-up?
'People in the comments telling me to kill myself because I'm lying about my looks. Telling me that no one will love me because I'm so ugly and have to cover my "real face,"' she said.??
Katei hit back at claims from trolls that she was trying to 'catfish' her followers by posing as someone she was not, saying: 'I love the way I look in makeup and out of makeup.?
'I don't wear makeup to hide or to "catfish" people because I don't give a s**t what any guy or girl has to say about what I look.
'Makeup is a passion of mine and this is the platform I choose to express that and if you don't feel like that feel free to unfollow because I'm never going to apologize for being me.'??
Trolls posted Katei's two photographs online along with cruel comments about the difference?
Another Twitter user asked others to comment on the different looks. They said 'I see why some men are turned away from makeup'?
Trolls feasted on the two photographs and some reposted it again.?
One Instagram user who shared the contrasting images wrote alongside it: 'This is what make-up can do. Scary,' along with a vomiting emoji.
'This the reason I got trust issues...for now on y’all females first date gonna be with me at a pool so I can see the real you,' they added.?
Another said: 'Make-up is one thing. This b**** created a mask.'??
Katei, who is a chemistry student, was also accused of using make-up to lighten her skin?
Katei hit back at the trolls, saying her different look was down to green eye contact lenses, lighting and clever make-up?
The 19-year-old dismissed the insults and said she looked and felt 'great both ways'?
'Has a guy ever gotten mad when he saw you without it?' asked another. ?
In earlier posts, the woman was accused of trying to lighten her skin with pale foundation.?
Critics claimed it did not match her natural skin color and admonished her for it.?
Katei addressed those insults too and insisted the change in appearance was down to lighting.?
She also added green contact lenses. ?
Most watched News videos
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: Dad beats young girl then shaves her head
- Heart-warming moment dog copies owner's facial expressions
- Shocking video shows innocent woman being savaged by police dog
- ISIS fighters scream in panic before being blown up in Syria
- Shocking body cam video shows Arizona cop shooting Daniel Shaver
- Adorable moment lioness shares huge cuddle with caretaker
- Sarah Sanders: Trump slurred words because his 'throat was dry'
- Cop shoots suspect as he drags other officer around by his leg
- Emmit Walker apologizes for calling out the woman in the airport
- Horrific footage shows man attacking muslim labourer with axe
- Footage shows police officer fatally shooting an unarmed carjacker
- John and Jackie Kennedy visit Buckingham Palace in 'The Crown'
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.