ANOTHER Mueller investigator comes under scrutiny: Attorney on Russia probe is revealed to have previously represented the Clinton Foundation
- Jeannie Rhee is a former Justice Department lawyer who joined special counsel Robert Mueller's team
- ?She also previously represented the Clinton Foundation
- As a partner at Wilmer Hale law firm she represented former Obama security advisor Ben Rhodes
- Conservative outlets Fox News and Breitbart have begun pointing out her past work
- FBI lawyer?Peter Strzok was removed from the probe after the discovery of anti-Trump text messages?
- House Republican Judiciary chairman turned up heat on Mueller team at a hearing Thursday
Another member of special counsel Robert Mueller's legal 'dream team' is coming under scrutiny, this time for her prior work providing legal representation for the Clinton Foundation.
Jeannie Rhee is a former Deputy Assistant Attorney General at the Justice Department, where she worked in the office of legal counsel.
But it is some of her past work as a private lawyer that is now drawing attention, as Republican investigators and outside media turn their focus on members of Mueller's team.
Rhee joined a legal team that defended the Clinton Foundation from a racketeering lawsuit filed by conservative activist Larry Klayman of Freedom Watch.?
Jeannie Rhee, a member of special counsel Robert Mueller's team, is coming under scrutiny for her past legal work for the Clinton Foundation
Heading the team was Jamie Gorelick, a partner at the Wilmer Hale lawfirm who has as a client President Trump's son in law Jared Kushner.
CNN reported on the representation in June in a story tallying up political contributions by Mueller's legal eagles.
The Yale Law School grad donated $5,400 to Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign in 2015 and 2016, and donated $7,300 to President Obama's presidential campaigns.
She is among multiple members of Mueller's team who made contributions to Democrats, which is not prohibited under FBI guidelines.?
Rhee also represented Obama security advisor Ben Rhodes as he negotiated a congressional investigation in connection with the 2012 Benghazi attacks. Rhodes was one of Obama's most trusted advisors.
Conservative commentator Laura Ingraham went after Rhee on Fox News on her show Tuesday night, accusing her and other team members of 'brazen partisanship.'??
'What Mueller did was hire a pedigree team of obvious partisans,' Ingraham said. 'They should all step aside,' she continued, 'including Bob Mueller.'
Conservative host Laura Ingraham, pictured here at the Republican National Convention, said on Fox News that Rhee should 'step aside'
Special counsel Robert Mueller's team is coming under increased scrutiny
Mueller's team is coming under new pressure following the guilty plea by former Trump national security advisor Mike Flynn, who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI on Friday
The scrutiny of Rhee comes after Mueller removed FBI lawyer Peter Strzok from the special counsel's Russia probe after the discovery of anti-Trump text messages he sent in the course of an extramarital affair with another FBI official who is no longer part of the probe.??
House Republican lawmakers are also putting Mueller and his team under the microscope.
House Judiciary Committee chairman Robert Goodlatte held a hearing Thursday with FBI Director Christopher Wray, where he brought up the issue.
'Reports on the bias of some of the career agents and lawyers on current special counsel Mueller’s team are also deeply troubling to a system of blind and equal justice,' said Goodlatte. 'Investigations must not be tainted by individuals imposing their own personal political opinions.'?
Most watched News videos
- Billy Bush talks to Stephen Colbert about being fire from Today
- Matt Lauer's wife meets up with a friend on Long Island
- Trouble in paradise: Two seniors brawl during Caribbean holiday
- Persons of interest in the death of Sydney Loofe release video
- Matt Lauer spotted leaving Long Island deli without wedding ring
- Heart-warming moment dog copies owner's facial expressions
- Audio catches tense moment plane nearly landed on wrong runway
- Large Coywolf seen roaming around Rockland County, New York
- Melanie Martinez at 'American Horror Story' premiere in L.A.
- Republican chairman calls Democrat gay after he touches his arm
- Extra police on standby as Samuel Shaffer is arrested in Lund
- Shocking video shows cops forcing man to cut his dogs head off
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.