To hell and back! Restaurateur reverts to her old ways and rejects ALL Gordon Ramsay's recommendations on new show after he revamped the soul food eatery in 24 hours
- Gordon Ramsay's new show takes the same premise as his Kitchen Nightmares?
- He turned up at Sandra Dee's Barbeque and Seafood joint in Sacramento, CA
- Celebrity chef changed the menu and completely redecorated the restaurant
- But the owner decided to shun his expertise, going back to what she knew?
Gordon Ramsay is renowned for barging his way into restaurants and changing its fortunes with a mixture of expertise and explosive rants
Gordon Ramsay is renowned for barging his way into restaurants and changing its fortunes with a mixture of expertise and explosive rants.?
In a new series, he took on Sandra Dee's Barbeque and Seafood joint in Sacramento in typical fashion - stripping down the menu and revamping the decor.?
But the owner decided to shun all of the celebrity chef's recommendations, reverting back to her old ways.
Filming for the new Fox show, Gordon Ramsay's 24 Hours to Hell and Back, was filmed on Friday and Saturday.?
With a similar concept to his Kitchen Nightmares show, he is drafted in to improve a struggling establishment.?
The show's own synopsis states the Brit goes 'through hell in order to bring failing restaurants back from the brink of disaster'.
On Friday, he sat at the diner which is known for?slow-cooked tri-tip, spicy fried catfish and crispy hush puppies and has been established for 20 years.?
He arrived in disguise and sat down to eat dressed as a bearded construction worker.??
Steve Walker, a Sacramento-based real estate agent who was eating at the time, told the SF Gate:?'He pulled off his beard and started ranting about everything that was terrible.'
In a new series, he took on Sandra Dee's Barbeque and Seafood joint in Sacramento in typical fashion - stripping down the menu and revamping the decor
On Friday, Ramsay sat at the diner which is known for slow-cooked tri-tip, spicy fried catfish and crispy hush puppies and has been established for 20 years
Tatiana Johnson, the owner's daughter, was a little more blunt with her assessment, saying: 'He was arrogant and an a**hole.'
The owners did not 'fully understand' what they had signed up for, and had no idea Ramsay was part of the deal.?
Ramsay and his team spent the next 24 hours sprucing up the restaurant's decor and cutting down the menu before inviting Friday night's diners back on Saturday.?
The new menu only featured three entrees - pulled pork, seared trout, and smoked chicken - one dessert of banana pudding and a handful of sides and appetizers.
Walker said the new menu was 'surprisingly limited' but 'pretty good'.
The furniture was stripped from the restaurant and replaced with wooden tables and chairs and the wall-of-fame of famous diners was also taken down.?
But in spite of his expertise, Johnson has decided to go back to what she knows best.?
The furniture was stripped from the restaurant and replaced with wooden tables and chairs and the wall-of-fame of famous diners was also taken down
Pictures of clebrity diners including Lil Wayne are being prepped to be put back on the wall, and the decision has delighted some regulars
While the featured Creole cuisine, which originated in Louisiana, is known for it's generous use of Cayenne, paprika and pepper, Ramsay said too many spices were used.??
'I definitely think he misunderstood this type of food,' Johnson said.?
'He was saying everything used too much spice. I don't think he has that type of taste palette.'
The pictures of celebrities including Lil Wayne are being prepped to be put back on the wall, and the decision has delighted some regulars. ?
In a Facebook post, Sandra Dee's regular Paul Imagine expressed his worry that that Ramsay had turned the spot into 'another overpriced hipster d-bag restaurant'.
But others suggested a fresher look is what was needed at Sandra Dee's. ?
Most watched News videos
- Matt Lauer's wife meets up with a friend on Long Island
- Billy Bush talks to Stephen Colbert about being fire from Today
- Matt Lauer spotted leaving Long Island deli without wedding ring
- Trouble in paradise: Two seniors brawl during Caribbean holiday
- Persons of interest in the death of Sydney Loofe release video
- Melanie Martinez at 'American Horror Story' premiere in L.A.
- Extra police on standby as Samuel Shaffer is arrested in Lund
- Man rescues rabbit amidst intensifying flames from LA wildfire
- Shocking video shows cops forcing man to cut his dogs head off
- Large Coywolf seen roaming around Rockland County, New York
- Dash cam footage shows Randy Travis naked during a 2012 arrest
- Time magazine correspondent explains who they picked for the cover
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.