Chester Bennington 'hog tied himself and jumped into swimming pool in drunken suicide attempt nine months before his death'
- Bennington, 41, tried to kill himself in a swimming pool in November 2016
- He was 'extremely' drunk when he made the attempt and changed his mind once in the water
- The Linkin Park frontman was able to break free from the hog ties and survived
- Details of it were reportedly redacted from the coroner's report into his death at his widow's request
- The same coroner's autopsy found a small amount of alcohol in his system ?
- Bennington's lifeless body was discovered by his maid on July 20 when she went into his room to tell him that an Uber had arrived to pick him up
- Both his feet were touching the ground and his knees were bent
- Bennington was found wearing unbuttoned blue jeans and black underwear with no shirt?
Chester Bennington got drunk, hog tied himself and jumped into his swimming pool in a failed suicide attempt nine months before he died, it has been claimed.
The suicide attempt was redacted from the Los Angeles County Coroner's report into the Linkin Park singer's death at the request of Bennington's wife Talinda, according to TMZ.
It happened at the home he was living in nine months before his July suicide. It was not the same home where he died.
At the time, Bennington, who struggled with alcohol addiction before his death, was 'extremely drunk'.?
He bound his legs and feet then hurled himself into the pool but once in the water, he changed his mind and broke free.?
Scroll down for video?
Chester Bennington got drunk, hog tied himself and jumped into a swimming pool in a failed suicide attempt nine months before he hanged himself in July, it has been claimed?
The coroner is said to have known about the incident and planned to include it in their public report but redacted it at the request of Talinda's lawyer.
He is said to have invoked what he called 'marital privilege' to have the information redacted.
The coroner left in a reference to a separate incident in 2006 when he said he felt suicidal and left the house with a gun.
On Tuesday, it was revealed Bennington was found with alcohol?in his system at the time of his death.
The Linkin Park frontman hanged himself back in July, and an autopsy report shows that Bennington had a small amount of alcohol in his system.
The report also reveals that the singer still had his boarding pass from his flight earlier in the day in his pocket, having returned home early from a family vacation.
Bennington's lifeless body was discovered by his maid on July 20 when she went into his room to tell him that an Uber had arrived to pick him up at the home.?
Bennington's widow Talinda asked for details of the failed suicide attempt to be redacted from the coroner's report into his death, it was claimed?
Scene:?Bennington's lifeless body was discovered by his maid on July 20 when she went into his room to tell him that an Uber had arrived to pick him up. He had recently purchased the home
'Autopsy results are characteristic of suicidal hanging,' reads the report from the LA County Medical Examiner.
'There was a history of suicidal ideation.'?TMZ was the first to obtain the report.?
Bennington was found wearing unbuttoned blue jeans and black underwear with no shirt.
No suicide note was found and there was a pint glass of beer that was half full on Bennington's bedside table.?
Bennington had left the family vacation early because he had to work on the day in question, and his wife received the call about her husband while driving back from Arizona with their children.?
The maid said that she saw Bennington the night before when he arrived home around 10:30pm and noted that nothing seemed out of the ordinary at that time.?
Bennington's wife told police that he would have suicidal ideations after drinking, and that he had been sober for six months prior to his suicide.
She noted that at one point in 2006 he drank and left the house with a shotgun threatening to take his own life, forcing her to call police to find him.?
For confidential support call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline on 1-800-273-8255 or visit their website here ?
Most watched News videos
- Daring commuters pass hills engulfed in flames by Cali wildfires
- Christine Keeler, ex-showgirl at centre of Profumo scandal, dies
- Palestinians torch Trump photos in protest against embassy move
- Davis reveals there is no study for impact of Brexit on economy
- Pot user describes 'scromiting' syndrome Cannabinoid Hyperemesis
- Met Office: Winds strengthen across UK as Storm Caroline develops
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- Aftermath of man's brutal attack on greyhound after he lost race
- Australian gamer beats 15-year record for GoldenEye 007
- Explorers discover a vast network of ice caves under Montreal
- Matt Lauer spotted leaving Long Island deli without wedding ring
- EU warns Trump against recognizing Jerusalem as Israeli capital