Couple plead not guilty to causing or allowing death of their six-month-old baby son after allegedly mistreating him for his whole young life
- Kayden Walker died aged six months after suffering cardiac arrest at his home
- Father Ricky Walker, 26, denies murdering the child at West Midlands property
- Mother Laura Davies, 24, pleaded not guilty to causing or allowing his death
- Both also deny child cruelty against Kayden for his entire young life?
Kayden Walker, pictured, suffered a cardiac arrest at home in June 2016 and died in hospital shortly afterwards
Parents have denied any involvement in the death of their six-month-old son after he suffered a cardiac arrest at their flat.
Kayden Walker was found unresponsive at his home in Bilston, West Midlands, in June 2016 and died later in hospital.
His father Ricky, 26, pleaded not guilty to his murder and also denied allowing or causing the death of the boy.
Mother Laura Davies, 24, also pleaded not guilty to causing or allowing his death.
They are also both accused of child cruelty against him from his birth on December 16, 2015, until his death.??
Walker wore a blue denim shirt and looked emotionless as he denied the charges at Wolverhampton Crown Court.
Davies, wearing a black jumper, also looked emotionless as she entered pleas on her two charges during the 24-minute hearing.?
The pair were both bailed to appear at a further case management hearing at the same court on May 11.
A date for a four to five week trial was set for June 26 next year and is likely to take place at Birmingham Crown Court.
Ricky Walker, left, denied murdering son Kayden at their home in Bilston, West Midlands, while mother Laura Davies, right, denies allowing or causing his death
Addressing the pair, Judge James Burbidge QC said: 'You are due to face trial on June 26 next year, that will likely take place at Birmingham Crown Court but you have to attend this court, on May 11 next year, where there will be a direction's hearing.'
Tributes to Kayden left outside the home last year described him as a 'little angel'.
One card read 'RIP lil man. Fly high angel xxx', while another said '[Kayden] Will be truly missed by many, too young to go but God only takes the best.'?
Most watched News videos
- Donald Trump uses two hands to drink water from glass
- Sheriff reveals horrifying details about woman mauled by dogs
- ISIS claims it has hacked US Army sites in new propaganda video
- F***ing joke? Paula Radcliffe's husband on Mo Farah's SPOTY win
- 'Several people killed' after Amtrak train derails near Seattle
- Thousands turn out to see criminals sentenced and executed
- Shocking footage shows fire breaking out at Cameron House, Scotland
- Saudi air forces intercept ballistic missiles fired by Yemen rebels
- Woman brings BABY into out-of-control brawl at Florida mall
- Terrifying moment plane crashes at airshow in the Russian Arctic
- Fire rages from car after it exploded with driver stuck inside
- Adorable video of husky dog nuzzling up to newborn baby
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.