MSNBC cuts ties with Sam Seder following his Polanski rape joke after giving in to 'alt-right' smear campaign
- Talk show host Sam Seder wrote a controversial message about Roman Polanski
- He said: 'I hope if my daughter is ever raped it is by an older truly talented man'
- Seder has since deleted the 2009 tweet and MSNBC has now cut ties with him ?
MSNBC has cut its ties with comedian and contributor Sam Seder after an old tweet showed he had joked about film director Roman Polanski raped his daughter.
The talk radio host, 51, wrote online: 'Don't care re Polanski, but I hope if my daughter is ever raped it is by an older truly talented man w/a great sense of mise en scene.'
He has since deleted the 2009 tweet but he will see his contract at MSNBC expire in February next year.
A source added that he does not have any scheduled appearances booked in for the next two months.?
Seder has now said that he wrote the tweet in 2009 to show his disgust about people who were trying to apologise for Roman Polanski (pictured)?
According to TheWrap, the decision to not renew his contract was related to the historic tweet.
The source said: 'Internally there was disgust over the tweet.'
It comes just days after a report suggested the LAPD has?opened a new investigation into Polanski, who has lived as a fugitive since fleeing the country in 1978.?
Activist and pro-Donald Trump journalist Mike?Cernovich noticed the tweet and it resurfaced again last month.?
Polanski was charged with raping 13-year-old Samantha Geimer in 1977
On his podcast last week, Seder accused Cernovich of a smear campaign and said he was simply trying to get him off air.?
He said: 'This smear involves the willful misinterpretation of a tweet that I posted in 2009.
'I will never be ashamed of criticizing those who would excuse the predation of women or girls.?
'And I certainly won't be quiet about Roy Moore or a conservative movement that which would defend his actions so they could get his vote in the Senate.'
He added that the tweet he posted in 2009 was 'satirical' and he was trying to highlight his disgust at those appearing to apologize for Polanski.?
Back in 1977 in Los Angeles, Polanski was charged with raping 13-year-old Samantha Geimer. He fled the country in 1978 to escape prison.?
Polanski now lives in Paris with his 51-year-old wife Emmanuelle Seigner.?
Most watched News videos
- DUP leader lashes out at Irish government over Belfast agreement
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- Trump announces plans to shrink National Monuments in Utah
- Cruise ship sprayed down after passengers struck down by gastro
- Knife-wielding moped robbers raid building on Fleet Street
- New invisible box jump trend takes Twitter by storm
- 'Hypocrite' Nigel Farage refuses to hand back ￡73,000 EU pension
- Rare colour footage of British and US troops preparing for D-Day
- Sir Elton on stage in Barcelona just hours before his mother died
- Brexit Secretary David Davis hopes for 'sufficient progress' today
- Busted! Package thief caught after her getaway driver flees
- Heartbreaking footage shows helpless puppies rescued from tar