Missing Nebraska store-worker, who vanished after a Tinder date with another woman three weeks ago, is found dead - while her date posts bizarre video online insisting she safely dropped her off at a friend's house
- The family of Sydney Loofe, 24, announced Monday that her body had been recovered?
- The Lincoln, Nebraska cashier was last seen leaving for a Tinder date on November 15?
- The search for her body had been focused on the lakes, rivers and woods surrounding her date Bailey Boswell's home in Wilber, Nebraska
- Last week, Boswell and her 51-year-old roommate Aubrey Trail were taken into custody in Missouri on unrelated charges
- They have been called persons of interest in Loofe's?disappearance
- Before they were arrested, the roommates released a bizarre video in which they claimed their innocence ?
- More details on the discovery of Loofe's body will be made at a 9am CT press conference ??
Sydney Loofe, who disappeared last month after going on a Tinder date, has been found dead ?
A Nebraska woman who disappeared after a Tinder date last month has been found dead.?
The family of 24-year-old Sydney Loofe announced Monday that her body has been recovered.?
'It’s with heavy hearts that we share this most recent update with you all...May God grant eternal rest unto thee. We love you Sydney,' the statement reads.?
They did not release details of where the young woman's body was recovered - but search teams had been combing lakes, rivers and fields ?surrounding her Tinder date's home in Wilber, Nebraska.
Wilber was also the last place where Loofe's cellphone pinged.
Law enforcement officials will reveal more information at a 9am CT press conference in Lincoln.??
The last time anyone heard from Loofe was on November 15, when she posted a picture of herself to Snapchat, captioning the image: 'Ready for my date'.?
Investigators say Loofe spent the evening with 23-year-old Bailey Boswell. It was a second date for the pair who met on the dating website Tinder.?
Bowell and her 51-year-old roommate Aubrey Trail have been jailed on unrelated charges since November 30, when they were taken into custody in Taney County, Missouri. Police have called the pair persons of interest in the case.?
Scroll down for video?
Loofe's date, Bailey Boswell (left), and Boswell's roommate Aubrey Trail (right), are considered persons of interest in the case. They are being held on unrelated charges
Before they were arrested last week, the pair recorded a bizarre video which they posted on the Finding Sydney Loofe Facebook page.?
In the video, Boswell covers her head with a hooded sweatshirt and wears large-rimmed sunglasses. Trail also appears to cover his head, though the camera only ever shows his eyes from the angle that Boswell holds the recorder.?
Trail says in the video that he wants to set the record straight, saying that reports that they were not cooperating with the investigation were false.
He said after Loofe went missing, he and Boswell tried calling the police to speak to investigators but never heard back.?
No details have been release about how and where Loofe's body was found. The search had centered on lakes, rivers and wooded areas near Boswell and Trail's house in Wilber, Nebraska
Above, search crew members looking for Loofe's body in a lake near Wilber, Nebraska recently
More details about how Loofe's body will be revealed at a 9am CT press conference
Trail said he objected to the reporting on his criminal background, which includes a conviction for grand theft in 2000.?
'You've already crucified us in the newspapers. You've already crucified us on Facebook,' he said. 'You know, in America, I sure thought it was a trial first, but I guess not.'?
While Trail talks for most of the video, it's Boswell's face that is always seen - staring into the camera. She speaks only for a few minutes at the end of the clip, recalling her two dates with Loofe, who she calls a 'sweet and amazing girl'.?
Boswell says she and Loofe had back-to-back dates the nights of November 14 and 15. Both nights, she says she picked Loofe up at her home and the two drove around Lincoln smoking weed. On the 15th, she says she brought her back to her home in Wilber where they smoked marijuana wax and shatter - concentrated forms of the drug. She also say she gave her date 'a quarter ounce of some really good weed'.
When the date was over, she says she went to take Loofe home, but she asked to be dropped off at a friend's house.?
'I haven't heard from her since,' Boswell said. She added that she 'didn't have anything to do with' her disappearance.??
Before they were arrested last week, Boswell and Trail released a bizarre video in which they claimed innocence in Loofe's disappearance. The video only ever showed Trail's eyes (far left). Boswell obscured her face by wearing a hooded sweatshirt and large-rimmed sunglasses
Loofe was reported missing when she failed to show up for work at Menards home improvement store in Lincoln on November 16
Loofe has been remembered as a caring and kind person by those who knew her
The video ends with the two saying they hope Loofe is found soon while expressing their contempt for investigators?
'As far as the police department, f*** you,' Trail said.?
Loofe was officially reported missing on November 16, when she failed to show up for her cashier job at home improvement store Menards in Lincoln.
According to her family, Loofe was definitely 'planning on coming home that night' - based on the fact that she left her car and her cat at home.?
Those who knew her called her a caring and kind person, who enjoyed the outdoors and fishing.?
'She's the kind of person the world needs more of,' friend Terra Gehrig told the Journal Star. 'She has a very good heart.'
Loofe is survived by her father George, a high school principal, and her mother Susie, a teacher, who live three hours away in Neligh, Nebraska. She also had two siblings.??
Most watched News videos
- DUP leader lashes out at Irish government over Belfast agreement
- Trump announces plans to shrink National Monuments in Utah
- New invisible box jump trend takes Twitter by storm
- Knife-wielding moped robbers raid building on Fleet Street
- Cruise ship sprayed down after passengers struck down by gastro
- Sir Elton on stage in Barcelona just hours before his mother died
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- Rare colour footage of British and US troops preparing for D-Day
- 'Hypocrite' Nigel Farage refuses to hand back ￡73,000 EU pension
- Busted! Package thief caught after her getaway driver flees
- Brexit Secretary David Davis hopes for 'sufficient progress' today
- Everyone is trying the latest trend: Invisible box challenge!