McDonald's set to revive popular value menu with $1, $2 and $3 items following sluggish sales
- McDonald's said that it is?reviving?value menu items that will cost $1, $2 or $3
- Offering cheap eats has become a winning strategy for the world's largest hamburger chain
- McDonald's dumped the original Dollar Menu, with items costing $1, about four years ago
- The '$1 $2 $3 Dollar Menu' will become a permanent part of the McDonald's nationwide?
McDonald's said that it is reviving value menu items that will cost $1, $2 or $3
The Dollar Menu is making a McComeback.
McDonald's said Tuesday that it is reviving the name of the once-popular value menu next month after a two-year absence, but this time the items will cost $1, $2 or $3.
Offering cheap eats has become a winning strategy for the world's largest hamburger chain, and a way to fight off other low-priced chains.
In October, it attributed a rise in a key sales figure during the third quarter to its $1 sodas and a two-for-$5 promotion called McPick 2.?
And as more people visited its restaurants for deals, McDonald's said some also bought pricier burgers stuffed with crispy onions or guacamole, which helped sales.
McDonald's dumped the original Dollar Menu, with items costing $1, about four years ago as franchisees complained that their profits were squeezed by a rise in ingredient costs.?
But the move hurt sales as customers went elsewhere for low-priced fast food. In 2013, it launched the Dollar Menu & More, with items costing as much as $5, but discontinued it about two years ago and replaced it with the McPick 2.
The '$1 $2 $3 Dollar Menu' will become a permanent part of the McDonald's nationwide menu starting Jan. 4, the Oak Brook, Illinois-based company said.
It tested other names, but customers liked the Dollar Menu one best, said Chris Kempczinski, who oversees McDonald's Corp.'s U.S. business.
'It's something that still resonates,' he said.
There are a dozen items on the new menu, including a sausage burrito for a buck, a bacon McDouble for $2 and a Happy Meal for $3.?
Most watched News videos
- Wild fight erupts between teacher and student inside classroom
- Soldier surprises his 76ers dancer by returning from deployment
- Trouble in paradise: Two seniors brawl during Caribbean holiday
- Billy Bush talks to Stephen Colbert about being fire from Today
- Persons of interest in the death of Sydney Loofe release video
- Melanie Martinez at 'American Horror Story' premiere in L.A.
- Disturbing video shows teen hurling a cat into the street
- The Grinch! Woman takes Christmas decorations from Texas porch
- Busted! Package thief caught after her getaway driver flees
- Everyone is trying the latest trend: Invisible box challenge!
- New invisible box jump trend takes Twitter by storm
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.