'I was nervous I was going to fall out of my top I was shaking around so much': Teenage Meghan Markle tells how she had to 'dance crazily' in audition for Shakira backing dancer role in unseen home video
- Footage from 1999 shows Meghan driving her car with her friend Ninaki Priddy?
- The then-18-year-old brims with excitement at the prospect of making $600?
- The clip was two years before her first TV appearance and 12 years before Suits
- Her engagement to Harry was announced last week with a wedding set for May?
Footage has emerged of an 18-year-old Meghan Markle driving home from a Shakria music video audition when she was a jobbing actor desperately trying to land roles.
The footage was shot in the summer of 1999 and shows Meghan driving back from an audition for a Shakira music video, with her friend?Ninaki Priddy.
As a fresh-faced teenager, she is brimming with excitement at the $600 - or around ￡445 back then - she stands to earn from the shoot.
The humble Volvo hatchback she drives in the clip, obtained by the Sun, is a far cry from her present-day surroundings - having grown into successful TV star and become engaged to Prince Harry during the intervening two decades.
The footage was shot in the summer of 1999 and shows Meghan driving back from an audition for a Shakira music video, with her friend Ninaki Priddy
Future royal: Prince Harry and Meghan?announced engagement their engagement on Monday (left) and will marry in May at Windsor Castle; they made their first official appearance since revealing the news on Friday in Nottingham (right)
In the clip,?she says to the camera: We just all danced like wild women and I was shaking my hair around and all sorts of stuff, so hopefully I’ll book that.
'It’s six hundred dollars for two days and if not then I’ll probably get extra work for it which would be just as good.
'I won't get any camera shots but it will be just as fun.'
As she fiddles with her strapless top, she adds: 'I am burning up, I was really nervous I was going to fall out of my top I was just shaking around so much.'
As a 15-year-old she stopped for a photo in front of Buckingham Palace with the other woman in the video, Ninaki Priddy (pictured, together)
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry attend a Terrence Higgins Trust World AIDS Day charity fair at Nottingham Contemporary
She also comments that she recognised a girl from another music video she featured in, Tori Amos' 1,000 Oceans.
Meghan was ultimately unsuccessful in landing the Shakira job, and her first appearance of any note came two years later when she had a one-episode part in General Hospital.
It was not until 2005 that she first started making multiple - albeit still minor- television appearances, before landing her big break in 2011 when she starred as Rachel Zane in Suits.
Most watched News videos
- Busted! Package thief caught after her getaway driver flees
- Everyone is trying the latest trend: Invisible box challenge!
- New invisible box jump trend takes Twitter by storm
- Sir Elton on stage in Barcelona just hours before his mother died
- Disturbing video shows teen hurling a cat into the street
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- Moment thrill seeking base jumpers leap from 530ft Beachy Head
- Horrifying moment dashcam shows lorry ploughing into two cars
- Heartbreaking footage shows helpless puppies rescued from tar
- Cruise ship sprayed down after passengers struck down by gastro
- Snake lunges at Toff as she's suspended in the air during trial
- Heroic neighbours rescue woman after attack by two dogs
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.