Chicago man, 37, stabs his brother-in-law 25 TIMES then DISEMBOWELS him on a bus
- A Chicago man stabbed then disemboweled his brother-in-law's body on a bus
- The bloody crime took place Thursday near the 300 block of West 63rd Street
- Darnell R. Scott, 37, was charged with?aggravated battery and great bodily harm
- He initiated the physical fight with his unnamed relative, 50, during a bus ride
- Scott was said to have stabbed the elder relative at least 25 times in the attack
- Scott has been jailed and denied bail by prosecutors in court
Darnell R. Scott, 37, reportedly stabbed his unnamed relative, 50, as many as 25 times before he partially disemboweled his body
A man was left in critical condition after his brother-in-law brutally assaulted him on a bus ride.
The attacker, Darnell R. Scott, 37, stabbed his unnamed relative, 50, as many as 25 times before he partially disemboweled the man's body during a traffic stop Thursday near the 300 block of West 63rd Street in Chicago, Illinois, police say.
The horrific incident ignited after the 'unfriendly' relatives randomly bumped into one another on the bus.
According to the Chicago Tribune, it seems Scott walked past his brother-in-law on the bus without acknowledging him, when the elder relative approached him about the awkward encounter.
'The men do not share a friendly relationship and hadn't spoken for some time,'?Assistant State's Attorney Craig Taczy said in court, as Scott was charged with aggravated battery and great bodily harm.
Scroll down for video?
The bloody incident?took place during a traffic stop near the 300 block of West 63rd Street Thursday
'The men do not share a friendly relationship and hadn't spoken for some time,'?Assistant State's Attorney Craig Taczy said of the fight
Witnesses inside the bus filmed the fight on their cell phones. The fight happened near the scene shown above in Chicago, Illinois
During the confrontation, the elder was punched, hit and stabbed multiple times after he asked Scott whether he sent a gang of people to?'jump him' a time prior, the newspaper reported.
Footage of the bloody fight was captured on cell phone video by riders who witnessed the brawl go down.?
When the individuals took the tussle to the floor, Scott took out his pocket knife and began stabbing - which he admitted to police during questioning.
It seems Scott walked past his brother-in-law on the bus without acknowledging him
That's when the elder relative approached him about the awkward encounter and Scott initiated the physical violence
The victim was transported to the Stroger Hospital in critical condition, while Scott was also hospitalized with injuries.
He is seen in his mugshot bloodied with what appears to be bruised eyes.
Details on the reasoning behind the brother-in-laws' rocky relationship is not known at this time.?
Scott has been jailed. He was denied bail by prosecutors.
Most watched News videos
- ISIS fighters scream in panic before being blown up in Syria
- President Trump slurs speech during Jerusalem address
- Man rescues rabbit amidst intensifying flames from LA wildfire
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- Moment couple are filmed having sex wheel of car while driving
- Sarah Sanders: Trump slurred words because his 'throat was dry'
- Extra police on standby as Samuel Shaffer is arrested in Lund
- Aftermath of man's brutal attack on greyhound after he lost race
- Australian gamer beats 15-year record for GoldenEye 007
- Melanie Martinez at 'American Horror Story' premiere in L.A.
- Trouble in paradise: Two seniors brawl during Caribbean holiday
- Palestinians torch Trump photos in protest against embassy move