'He DID said grab 'em by the p***y': Billy Bush pens NY Times op ed?confirming President Trump spoke that infamous comment in PR push to fix his image hours before Colbert appearance
- Donald Trump was heard on an Access Hollywood tape saying 'grab 'em by the p***y'
- He has recently tried to deny this and said that the voice on the tape is not his, sources have said; the White House has denied this
- Billy Bush has written an opinion piece in the New York Times confirming that Trump did utter the phrase
- Regarding victims, he said:?'You have my respect and admiration. You are culture warriors at the forefront of necessary change'
Billy Bush has confirmed that Donald Trump?said 'Grab 'em by the p***y' in a 2005 Access Hollywood tape.
He says he would like to set Trump, who is engaging in 'revisionist history' by trying to convince people that he did not in fact utter the phrase, straight.?
The?New York Times reported that Trump had been telling high-ranking politicians that he did not utter the phrase.
In an opinion piece for the New York Times, Bush writes: 'Of course he said it.?
'And we laughed along, without a single doubt that this was hypothetical hot air from America’s highest-rated bloviator.'?
Billy Bush (pictured with Donald Trump and Arianne Zucker on the set of Access Hollywood in 2005) has confirmed that Donald Trump did say 'grab 'em by the p***y' on tape
Bush penned an opinion piece for the New York Times in which he wrote:?'Of course he said it. And we laughed along, without a single doubt that this was hypothetical hot air from America’s highest-rated bloviator'
Bush writes that he had a change of heart about Trump after learning of the allegations of sexual misconduct against him. He continues:?'This country is currently trying to reconcile itself to years of power abuse and sexual misconduct. Its leader is wantonly poking the bear'
But, Bush continues, he had a change of heart upon hearing the numerous allegations of sexual misconduct against the current United States president.
He specifically references a report he read shortly after his ouster from NBC in which 20 women detailed their allegations.
He writes: 'This country is currently trying to reconcile itself to years of power abuse and sexual misconduct.?
'Its leader is wantonly poking the bear.'
He continues: 'To these women: I will never know the fear you felt or the frustration of being summarily dismissed and called a liar, but I do know a lot about the anguish of being inexorably linked to Donald Trump.?
'You have my respect and admiration. You are culture warriors at the forefront of necessary change.'?
Trump had acknowledged it was him on the tape and apologized for his actions in the hours after the comments were made public in October 2016 during the election campaign. He described the comments as 'locker-room talk' between men.
The White House clarified Monday that Trump isn't contesting the authenticity of the 'Access Hollywood' tape, saying 'The president hasn't changed his position.'
'The president addressed this, this was litigated and certainly answered during the election by the overwhelming support for the president and the fact he's sitting here in the Oval Office today,' White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders told reporters this past week.
It has been a tumultuous year for the father-of-three after losing his hosting job on NBC's Today after the now infamous p****gate scandal with Donald Trump first emerged.
He did manage to secure a reported $10million severance package from NBC in the wake of the infamous 2005 Access Hollywood tape.
Bush was recorded laughing along in a 2005 video as Trump - then a newly-wed businessman with no public political ambitions - told how he grabbed women 'by the p****'.
He married Sydney Davis in April 1998 and as of September 2017 they are separated.?
They have three children: Josie, 18, Mary, 16, and Lillie, 12.
Most watched News videos
- President Trump slurs speech during Jerusalem address
- Billy Bush talks to Stephen Colbert about being fire from Today
- Man rescues rabbit amidst intensifying flames from LA wildfire
- Trouble in paradise: Two seniors brawl during Caribbean holiday
- Extra police on standby as Samuel Shaffer is arrested in Lund
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- Melanie Martinez at 'American Horror Story' premiere in L.A.
- ISIS fighters scream in panic before being blown up in Syria
- Christine Keeler, ex-showgirl at centre of Profumo scandal, dies
- Persons of interest in the death of Sydney Loofe release video
- Australian gamer beats 15-year record for GoldenEye 007
- Palestinians torch Trump photos in protest against embassy move