Beware of 'Rambo nanny'! Moment childcare worker leaps into action and chases Amazon package thief before tackling her to the ground
- An Amazon package was delivered to the Smith family home November 29 at 10.45am, but nanny Kate Anderson hadn't had a chance to grab it
- Ten minutes later, a SUV pulls up to the home and a woman runs to steal it
- But the woman fell out of the SUV while it sped off - giving Anderson extra time to chase her down and tackle her outside
- Anderson yelled for someone to call the police who arrived shortly later and arrested the woman later identified as Rhieanna Schindler
- The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office said Schindler had outstanding warrants for drug possession and theft
- Anderson was praised by Tanya Smith, who called her 'Rambo nanny' ?
The dramatic moment a nanny in Washington state took matters into her own hands to chase down and tackle a package thief was caught on surveillance camera.
Kate Anderson knew to be on the lookout for a package to be delivered the morning of November 29 while working for the Smith family in Everett.?
She hadn't had a chance to bring the package from Amazon inside the home after it was left on the front porch at 10.45am.?
But ten minutes later, the surveillance camera outside records a car pulling up to the Smith family home, prompting Anderson to look out the window.?
The nanny watched a woman get out of the car and approach the porch.?
'Rambo nanny': The dramatic moment nanny Kate Anderson (above) took matters into her own hands to chase down a package thief was caught on surveillance camera in Washington state
Anderson knew to be on the lookout for a package to be delivered the morning of November 29 while working for the Smith family in Everett. The package was delivered at 10.45am and ten minutes later a SUV pulled up to the home and the woman above approaches the house
The woman snatches the package from the porch and tries to run back to the SUV to flee
'I saw her bending and picking it up, and they get a lot of packages. And I knew. I was like, 'Oh my gosh, she's taking that,' so I just took off after her, to be honest,' Anderson told KIRO.
The nanny then decided to take things into her own hands.
The incredible surveillance footage shows the woman trying to get into the getaway car with the package, but she falls out onto the sidewalk at the end of the driveway.
The woman tries to get up and runaway, but Anderson had already dashed outside yelling at the woman.
'Hey what the f**k are you doing? Hey you piece of s**t what are you trying to steal?'
Anderson then tackles the woman to the ground before restraining her while she asks for someone to call the police.
In the video, she keeps holding on to the woman.
'I didn't do anything!' the suspect shouts.
'Yes you did!' Kate said. 'I ... saw you, you know we got security cameras on this house, don'tcha?'?
She puts the package in the SUV, which then speeds off before she could get inside fully
She falls out of the SUV when Anderson comes running out of the home yelling at the woman
Anderson tackles the woman outside of the home. She yells for someone to call the police because of what the woman tried to do
At one point, the woman tried to run away before Anderson shouts, 'I am not letting you go!' Authorities arrived and arrested the woman, later identified as 29-year-old Rhieanna Schindler. Authorities said Schindler had outstanding warrants for drug possession and theft?
At one point, the woman tried to run away before Anderson shouts, 'I am not letting you go!'
Authorities arrived and arrested the woman, later identified as 29-year-old Rhieanna Schindler.?
The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office said Schindler had outstanding warrants for drug possession and theft.?
In addition, Schindler has been arrested more than 20 times since 2010.
Anderson's employer and friend, Tanya Smith, said she's proud of what she did.
'She's just like a straight baller, she's amazing and doesn't take any crap from anybody,' Smith said.
'It's pretty amazing what she did, I'm very proud of her, and I'm not surprised.'
Smith created a GoFundMe page to seek $200 donations to reward her 'rambo nanny'. She shared this pictured of the two of them together
Of her nanny (right), Smith (left) said: 'She's just like a straight baller, she's amazing and doesn't take any crap from anybody. It's pretty amazing what she did, I'm very proud of her, and I'm not surprised.'
Smith created a GoFundMe page?to seek $200 donations to reward her 'rambo nanny.'?
'Kate Anderson not only takes amazing care of my son, but bravely chased down a thief who was stealing from our front porch and restrained her until the police came,' Smith wrote on the page for the fundraiser that's raised more than $270.
?'She's truly a modern-day hero and deserves a reward for her admirable actions.'
When asked if she would do it again, Anderson said she would.
'I didn't ever feel like she was a threat to me. So I think I would've handled it the same way, yes, because it's just not OK to go around doing that. It's so not OK with me,' she said.?
The package that was stolen was filled with items for the Desmond, the one-year-old baby Anderson cares for. At the time of the incident, he slept through the entire thing.?
Of Anderson's actions, the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office said they don't condone what she did, but do want her to know that they are hiring.?
Most watched News videos
- Busted! Package thief caught after her getaway driver flees
- Flynn leaves court after pleading guilty to lying to the FBI
- Surveillance video shows Palm Beach cop shoot his ex-girlfriend
- Warning: Various graphic clips from ingrown hair removal videos
- Touching moment Prince Harry straightens young fan's hat
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle carry out first royal engagement together
- WHAT?!: Incredible moment dog reacts to news she'll get a brother
- Megan Markle and Prince Harry announce their engagement
- Meghan politely picks up a glove and returns it to a crowd member
- Meghan chats to a Suits fan about the show on first engagement
- Royal fashion: Meghan Markle sparkles on Nottingham visit
- Prince Harry asked how it feels to be with Meghan 'as a ginger'
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.