'The bodies went flying': Car ramming outside NYC hookah bar leaves one dead and five injured after hit-and-run driver targeted victim following parking dispute
- Police say they have a suspect in custody after a driver struck at least six people?
- The incident occurred outside a hookah bar on 129th St. and Liberty Ave in South Ozone Park
- Police say the driver targeted the victims in Queens following a parking dispute and fled
- Police also said that two stabbing victims who arrived at the hospital were connected with the incident
A suspect is in custody after a driver struck at least six people in?New York City, killing one and injuring five others in the targeted attack.?
Police say the suspect targeted the victims in Queens following a dispute over a parking spot and fled after striking them around 4.45am Sunday.?
The incident occurred outside a hookah bar on 129th St. and Liberty Ave?in South Ozone Park.
Ricardo Chatergoon, 23, was found unconscious following the violent incident and later died from his injuries at the hospital.?
Scroll down for video?
Police say the driver targeted the victims in Queens following a dispute over a parking spot
The incident occurred outside a hookah bar on 129th St. and Liberty Ave in South Ozone Park
?Police say that they found Ricardo Chatergoon, 23, pictured, unconscious following the violent incident and he later died from his injuries
The injured people were taken to Jamaica Hospital where one is in a critical condition, according to police.?
Police also said that two stabbing victims who arrived at the hospital were connected with the dispute.?
Video footage of the incident shows a man driving a white Hyundai Sonata racing down a sidewalk after jumping the curb and heading towards pedestrians outside the bar.??
Horror: A man who identified himself as the father of Ricardo Chatergoon who was killed stands at the crime scene
Seconds later, a silver Nissan SUV can be seen peeling after the first car down the same sidewalk.?
An eyewitness said that he drove by the fracas as it erupted and saw a woman trying to hold back one of the brawlers involved in the fight.?
'The girl is yelling "Stop, stop. No, no," when this car just comes from nowhere and hits the whole group,' the eyewitness told The New York Daily News.
'The bodies went flying. The car was going really fast, at least 50 mph on the sidewalk.'
'At this point one individual, believed to be the occupant of the white Hyundai sedan is in custody. The vehicle has been recovered in another area of Queens,'?Assistant Police Chief David Barrere said.?
'Detectives are conducting crime scene examination, interviewing victims and witnesses, and searching for video evidence. Further information will be provided as it becomes available.'?
'At this time it appears that this incident originated from a parking dispute which escalated resulting in the death and several serious injuries,'?Barrere added.?
Most watched News videos
- Disturbing video shows teen hurling a cat into the street
- Busted! Package thief caught after her getaway driver flees
- Everyone is trying the latest trend: Invisible box challenge!
- New invisible box jump trend takes Twitter by storm
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- Sir Elton on stage in Barcelona just hours before his mother died
- Moment thrill seeking base jumpers leap from 530ft Beachy Head
- Heartbreaking footage shows helpless puppies rescued from tar
- Horrifying moment dashcam shows lorry ploughing into two cars
- Cruise ship sprayed down after passengers struck down by gastro
- Trouble in paradise: Two seniors brawl during Caribbean holiday
- Heroic neighbours rescue woman after attack by two dogs
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.