Top FBI agent who helped lead Clinton email investigation is FIRED from the Mueller probe after being caught sending anti-Trump text messages
- FBI agent Peter Strzok was removed from the?Mueller probe after he sent compromising text messages?
- Three parties told The Times he sent 'anti-Trump' messages to his colleague
- The?deputy head of counterintelligence of the FBI was also accused of sending compromising texts during the Clinton email probe
- This comes after Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, pleaded guilty Friday to lying to the FBI?
FBI agent Peter Strzok was removed from working within special counsel Robert Mueller's ongoing probe after he was caught sending compromising texts, a new report revealed Saturday.
The deputy head of counterintelligence, who also took lead in the Hillary Clinton email investigation, sent 'anti-Trump' messages to a colleague, three related parties told The New York Times in a statement.
Regulations put in place by the FBI permit individuals to 'privately and publicly' speak on 'political subjects and candidates,' while they are forbidden from working for political campaigns.?
Robert Mueller removed?FBI agent Peter Strzok from his probe over compromising texts, a new report has revealed?
It seems another?text exchange was discovered during the Clinton email probe between?Strzok and FBI attorney Lisa Page - who were said to be romantically involved.
In a report by The Washington Post, the pair exchanged a thread that 'expressed anti-Trump sentiments and other comments that appeared to favor Clinton,' an anonymous?source revealed.
'Officials are now reviewing the communications to see if they show evidence of political bias in their work on the cases, a review which could result in a public report.'
The report comes after Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, pleaded guilty Friday to lying to the FBI
Mueller spokesman Peter Carr confirmed?Strzok's leave in a statement to The Hill.
'Immediately upon learning of the allegations, the Special Counsel's Office removed Peter Strzok from the investigation,' Carr said.
'Lisa Page completed her brief detail and had returned to the FBI weeks before our office was aware of the allegations.'
The reports come after Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, pleaded guilty in federal court for lying to the FBI over an exchange with the Russian ambassador.
Most watched News videos
- Trouble in paradise: Two seniors brawl during Caribbean holiday
- Shocking video shows innocent woman being savaged by police dog
- Matt Lauer's wife meets up with a friend on Long Island
- Man rescues rabbit amidst intensifying flames from LA wildfire
- Extra police on standby as Samuel Shaffer is arrested in Lund
- Melanie Martinez at 'American Horror Story' premiere in L.A.
- Matt Lauer spotted leaving Long Island deli without wedding ring
- Heart-warming moment dog copies owner's facial expressions
- ISIS fighters scream in panic before being blown up in Syria
- President Trump slurs speech during Jerusalem address
- Emmit Walker apologizes for calling out the woman in the airport
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: Dad beats young girl then shaves her head