'Botoxed Barbie' Ivanka Trump is accused of cultural appropriation after she donned series of Oriental-style gowns during her solo trip to India
- Ivanka Trump was criticized for her fashion choices during her entrepreneurship summit trip to India this week?
- The First Daughter was accused of cultural appropriation as she donned several Oriental-style gowns to events
- The Indian news outlet slammed Trump further by calling her a 'botoxed Barbie'?
- Editor at large of Vogue India said she hopes for a more authentic 'sartorial tribute' to Indian culture
- The mother-of-three, 36, has yet to share her comments on the matter?
Ivanka Trump's fashion choices were slammed by an Indian news outlet who called her attire a 'superficial assimilation' of their culture.
The First Daughter and businesswoman was enrobed in an ivy green and yellow Oriental-style dress at a entrepreneurship summit during her trip to the country this week.
Along with the pricey $3,5000 Erdem Geneva floral print gown, Trump also wore an $3,498 blue and gold Tory Burch ensemble with similar patterns.
U.S. presidential adviser Ivanka Trump was slammed for wearing Oriental-style attire this week at the Global Entrepreneurship Summit in India
Trump was accused by an Indian news outlet of cultural appropriation for her fashion choices?
The businesswoman enrobed in an ivy green and yellow?$3,5000 Erdem Geneva floral print gown (shown)
The Daily O lambasted the Burch number and described it to be 'the?'me-too' of a Kashmiri pheran for the prime minister's banquet at the Taj Falaknuma Palace.'
While speaking at an event in Hyderabad, a city longtime known for pearl trading, the President's advisor displayed a black and pearl embroidered?Tory Burch 'Sylvia' jacket.
'It referenced India with the embroidery, but in reality looked like a cheap brand ripping off designer Rahul Mishra,' the Daily O said of the jacket.?
Trump also wore an $3,498 blue and gold Tory Burch ensemble with similar patterns (shown)
Also in?Hyderabad, Trump wore a printed Saloni Lodha red and black ensemble with frilly sleeves.
'In her defense, Ivanka's outfit changes have been kept in character with her previous wardrobe choices,' the report went on to say.
'Being totally tone-deaf to the nuances of public appearance (to be fair, she only has her father as her role model).'?
Also in Hyderabad, Trump wore a printed Saloni Lodha red and black number with frilly sleeves (shown)
The Indian news outlet went even further and called Trump a tone-deaf 'botoxed Barbie'?
The Indian news outlet further pointed out the fashion designer's choice of dress during a recent visit to Japan.?
'While she had the choice of picking the most amazing designers, she selected a cherry blossom print, kimono-inspired dress made by the Colombian designer Johanna Ortiz.'
The report went even further, and slammed Ms Trump - who they said 'represents (the) American dream (of being) a botoxed Barbie.'
While speaking at an event in Hyderabad, a city longtime known for pearl trading, she displayed a black and pearl-embroidered Tory Burch 'Sylvia' jacket (shown)
Editor at large of Vogue India,?Bandana Tewari, explained to The New York Times in a statement saying she hopes for a authentic 'sartorial tribute' to their 'ancient, rich' culture in the future, with designs made in India.
'We would rather see her wear a hand-woven sari made in our country or a handmade gown made in her own country,' said Tewari.
'But to hybridize the two, in an era of unfiltered diversity, is a superfluous nod to half-acceptance.'
The mother-of-three, 36, has not commented on the matter.
Most watched News videos
- Surveillance video shows Palm Beach cop shoot his ex-girlfriend
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle carry out first royal engagement together
- Flynn leaves court after pleading guilty to lying to the FBI
- Meghan shows off her caring side as she meets shy boy
- CCTV shows man attacking traffic warden after getting a ticket
- Meghan politely picks up a glove and returns it to a crowd member
- Meghan chats to a Suits fan about the show on first engagement
- Matt Lauer seen returning to Hamptons home after Today show axe
- Tampa 'serial killer' Howell Donaldson charged with four murders
- Megan Markle and Prince Harry announce their engagement
- Prince Harry asked how it feels to be with Meghan 'as a ginger'
- WHAT?!: Incredible moment dog reacts to news she'll get a brother
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.