The royal weeeeeeeee! Dutch Queen Maxima and King Willem-Alexander take the plunge as they go scuba diving in the Caribbean
- King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima smiled for the camera before taking the plunge to go scuba diving
- The Dutch royal couple were exploring Saba Bank, of the island of Saba, which was batter by Hurricane Irma
- Three-day visit to the Dutch islands comes three months after storm wrought destruction to the Caribbean
The Dutch King and Queen have indulged in a spot of scuba diving during their three-day trip to the Caribbean.?
King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima were clad in scuba gear when the smiled for the camera on a boat at Saba Bank, off Saba Island.
The royal couple then took the plunge to explore some of the most stunning marine life in the Carribean Sea.?
Their visit comes three months after Hurricane Irma left a trail of destruction across the the Netherlands island of Sint Maarten.
Smiling for the camera, Dutch King?Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima ready themselves before taking the plunge to go scuba diving yesterday?
The Royal couple prepare themselves for the dive after being taken out to Saba Bank in the Caribbean to see a diverse range of marine life
The Dutch King and Queen have embarked on a three day trip to the three Dutch islands in the Carribean, three months after Hurricane Irma batter them?
Taking the plunge! The royals enter the water of suiting up. Saba Bank, off the island of Saba, is home to some of the most spectacular marine wildlife in the Caribbean?
Queen Máxima cleans her goggles and King Willem-Alexander fits his before the pair dive to explore the stunning scenes below the surface?
As part of their trip, the couple are inspecting reconstruction efforts on St Maarten following the storm
The king and queen are today inspecting reconstruction efforts on the island following the devastating tropical storm.
Thousands of homes across the island were flattened, while luxury yachts moored in marinas have been sunk or driven on shore by the hurricane-force winds.
Locals were forced to queue for basic aid and even water as the island's infrastructure has been utterly destroyed by the hurricane.??
The royal couple's first stop on Thursday was?St Eustatius, before they arrived at Saba island yesterday where they also joined in on Saba Day festivities.?
They have been accompanied by the State Secretary for the Interior and Kingdom Relations, Raymond Knops.?
The royal couple's ?first stop was St Eustatius on November 3, before they moved on to Saba yesterday
Drying off: The King and Queen remove their scuba gear after exploring Saba Bank in the Caribbean yesterday?
Queen Máxima dons blue sunhat and a Saba Conservation Foundation polo shit after she and her husband dived the beauty spot
The three-day trip comes three months after the Hurricane devastated parts of the islands?
King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima on the first day of their trip to the Dutch islands in St Eustatius?
Most watched News videos
- Busted! Package thief caught after her getaway driver flees
- Sir Elton on stage in Barcelona just hours before his mother died
- New invisible box jump trend takes Twitter by storm
- Everyone is trying the latest trend: Invisible box challenge!
- Disturbing video shows teen hurling a cat into the street
- Earl Kimrey charged with the death of 3-year-old Mariah Miller
- Horrifying moment dashcam shows lorry ploughing into two cars
- Moment thrill seeking base jumpers leap from 530ft Beachy Head
- Snake lunges at Toff as she's suspended in the air during trial
- Heartbreaking footage shows helpless puppies rescued from tar
- Nigel Farage defends Donald Trump retweeting Britain First
- Cruise ship sprayed down after passengers struck down by gastro