Morning Joe calls for 'insane' Trump to be removed because he is 'mentally devolved' and urge cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment in light of his 'frightening' behavior
- Hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinsk discussed the President's mental health Friday?
- Panelist Donny Deutsch suggested the ratcheting up of probe into Trump campaign's collusion with Russia could exacerbate?the president's mental state
- ?Meanwhile?Scarborough said that Trump confidantes agree that Trump has 'mentally devolved'
- The hosts spoke on the president's fitness for office in relation to the 25th Amendment?
- The Amendment deals with replacing a president who is no longer able to 'discharge the powers and duties of his office'
The hosts of Morning Joe are calling on Trump's cabinet to remove the president from office over what they say are concerns over the president's mental health.
Hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika?Brzezinski discussed the president's mental health with panelist Donny Deutsch in correlation to the 25th Amendment, which deals with replacing a president who is no longer able to 'discharge the powers and duties of his office.'
'So take a guy who is mentally unstable,' Deutsch said Friday. 'Now put a gun closer — metaphorically, closer and closer to his head.' He added 'His mental health and the Russian inquiry are coming together and it's going to crescendo in even more insane behavior.'??
Scarborough said that Trump confidantes agree that Trump has 'mentally devolved.'
Morning Joe hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinsk discussed the president's mental health Friday, with Joe saying the president's confidantes say he has 'mentally devolved'
Donny Deutsch, who says he knows the president for decades, suggested special counsel Robert Mueller's probe into Trump's campaign ties with Russia may be exacerbating his mental state
'If you've been around mental health issues in your life ... the pressure heightens, it gets worse,' Deutsch said. 'And we should be frightened right now. We should be — there is nothing glib about it.'
dhe has noticed a change in Trump's mental state: 'I have known him for 20 years,' adding 'He's not the same guy. You can see it in his eyes and in his speech pattern, and most frighteningly his behavior.
'I think there's something else happening here. If you've been around mental illness and whatnot, I think he's feeling the noose around his neck tightening with [special counselor Robert Mueller.'?
Scarborough agreed Trump's mental health could deteriorate.
'My mom has dementia,' Scarborough said. 'She had pre-dementia for several years. My father's death, the pressure of that, is when we really lost her. And so it got exponentially worse very first. The more pressure you're under in this — if this is, in fact, the problem, the worse it gets.'
Scarborough said that Trump confidantes agree with him that Trump has 'mentally devolved.'
The hosts spoke about Trump's mental state in correlation with the 25th Amendment which deals with replacing the president who is 'no longer able to 'discharge the powers and duties of his office'
'There is no doubt mentally, and maybe it's the pressure of the campaign and this, everybody that's known Trump for years says he has mentally devolved, and I just want to know when it's safe to start talking about it and writing about it,' he said.??
During a conversation about Trump's retweets that caught the ire of British lawmakers, Deutsch went further, declaring that this behavior shows he's a 'sociopath.'
'And you know who does things without any thinking about repercussions?' he asked. 'A sociopath.'
On Thursday, Scarborough said the 25th Amendment was created for situations like this.
'He is completely detached from reality, we had a New York Times and Washington Post piece saying so a couple of days ago, and the question is Mika,' Scarborough said, 'if this is not what the 25th Amendment was drafted for, I would like the cabinet members serving America, not serving the president' to act accordingly.?
Most watched News videos
- Moment thrill seeking base jumpers leap from 530ft Beachy Head
- Horrifying moment dashcam shows lorry ploughing into two cars
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- New invisible box jump trend takes Twitter by storm
- Everyone is trying the latest trend: Invisible box challenge!
- Busted! Package thief caught after her getaway driver flees
- Heartbreaking footage shows helpless puppies rescued from tar
- Nigel Farage defends Donald Trump retweeting Britain First
- 'Hypocrite' Nigel Farage refuses to hand back ￡73,000 EU pension
- Knife-wielding moped robbers raid building on Fleet Street
- Sir Elton on stage in Barcelona just hours before his mother died
- Heroic neighbours rescue woman after attack by two dogs