Terrifying surveillance footage shows the moment Florida deputy cornered his ex as she walked her dog, shot her and then killed himself
- Palm Beach County sheriff's deputy Michael DeMarco, 55, shot his ex-girlfriend Yuly Solano October 12 while she was walking her dog
- The 41-year-old mother was shot once in the arm and twice in the chest?
- DeMarco, who was on duty at the time of the incident, then turned the gun on himself - committing suicide?
- Solano told authorities that right before shooting her, the officer said, 'You treat me worse than a dog'?
- The woman reported weeks before the shooting that she was being 'terrorized' by her ex who vandalized her property and threatened her
- Authorities released the shocking surveillance footage of the incident Friday
- As a result of the shooting, Solano's daughter said three of her mother’s ribs were broken and parts of her lung had to be removed
- She said her mother’s arm and vocal cords also are paralyzed, and it is hard for her to talk?
Shocking surveillance video released by police in Florida shows the horrific moment a sheriff's deputy threatened his ex-girlfriend with his service pistol before shooting her and committing suicide.
Palm Beach County sheriff's deputy Michael DeMarco had been broken up with his ex-girlfriend Yuly Solano for a few weeks when the 55-year-old man decided to pop up and visit the 41-year-old woman on October 12 in Boynton Beach.
DeMarco, who was on duty at the time, pulled up in an unmarked vehicle?on Solano who was outside walking her dog through a local condominium complex where they both lived.?
The surveillance footage shows him getting out of the vehicle to exchange words with his ex.??
Palm Beach Sheriff's Deputy Michael Demarco, 55,?sat in his patrol car at Yuly Solano's condominium complex on the morning of October 12.?When he saw her outside, he stepped out of her car, called her name, and shot her before turning the gun on himself
Solano (pictured left with Coco the Shih Tzu and right with her daughter) had dated the officer for seven months before breaking up with him. The mother was waking her dog when he shot her?
Surveillance footage (above) captured the entire incident and first shows when?DeMarco, who was on duty at the time, pulled up in an unmarked vehicle on Solano
The former couple, who had only been dating for seven months prior to their break-up, could be seen in the footage walking next to each other and move out of frame until coming back into view after what looks like a quick tussle.?
Once they re-appear, the officer,?who she described as 'racist and very possessive of her', is holding his gun while she backs away seemingly in fear.??
The footage, which is edited, then shows him raising the pistol, seemingly in the attempt to shoot her, before it cuts away to black.?
The mother-of-one was shot once in the arm and twice in the chest by the officer.?
Solano told authorities that right before shooting her, the officer said, 'You treat me worse than a dog.'?
Authorities told the Post that the unedited footage shows the full incident and the shocking aftermath.?
Solano, who survived the shooting and is slowly recovering, is now planning to sue the?condominium association where the shooting took place, her attorney told the newspaper.
They?could be seen in the footage walking next to each other and move out of frame (above) until coming back into view after what looks like a quick tussle
The footage, which is edited, then shows him raising the pistol, seemingly in the attempt to shoot her, before it cuts away to black (above)
In a newly filed lawsuit seen by DailyMailTV, Yuly, 41, has alleged that she twice reported that she was being 'terrorized' by Demarco who vandalized her property and threatened her with violence.
She claims that she asked for protection and begged the Inlet Harbor Condominium Association to put Demarco on notice, believing him to be mentally unstable, knowing him to be armed and fearing for her own and her daughter's safety.?
But representatives of the association neither acted nor reported her fears to the police as legally required.
In an exclusive interview with DailyMailTV, Yuly's 18-year-old daughter Aryana said: 'She wants to get her message across because this could have been prevented. She could have been well right now. She wouldn't have been in the hospital.'
Aryana was there the morning of the shooting. She recalled: 'We were both getting ready to leave the house. I was at home.
'She was walking the dog so she normally doesn't take too long, but she was taking longer than usual. When I heard the shots I didn't really think it could be my mom, but then I heard the sirens and she still wasn't coming back and I was calling her phone and she wasn't picking up.
'That's when I knew. There was no reason she'd be out so long. And then I went running out.'
In audio from the 911 call made that day Yuly can be heard in the background, begging, 'Help me please help me.'
And as her mother clung to life, Aryana took in the awful scene. She said: 'I saw them both on the floor.'
The next time she saw her mother she was in the hospital, in a coma, critically injured.?
The college student has visited her mother's bedside every day since then and has just launched a?GoFundMe?page to help pay for medical and living expenses.
As a result of the shooting, Solano's daughter said three of her mother’s ribs were broken and parts of her lung had to be removed by doctors when she was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.?
Now, weeks later, Solano's arm and vocal cords are paralyzed and it is very difficult for her to talk.?
Most watched News videos
- Busted! Package thief caught after her getaway driver flees
- Everyone is trying the latest trend: Invisible box challenge!
- New invisible box jump trend takes Twitter by storm
- Disturbing video shows teen hurling a cat into the street
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- Moment thrill seeking base jumpers leap from 530ft Beachy Head
- Horrifying moment dashcam shows lorry ploughing into two cars
- Sir Elton on stage in Barcelona just hours before his mother died
- Heartbreaking footage shows helpless puppies rescued from tar
- Cruise ship sprayed down after passengers struck down by gastro
- Heroic neighbours rescue woman after attack by two dogs
- 'Hypocrite' Nigel Farage refuses to hand back ￡73,000 EU pension