'Anthony Rapp f*** you': Kevin Spacey accuser is blamed by fans for actor's demise and suspension of filming on House of Cards
- This week, Anthony Rapp shared some of the messages he's been receiving?from Kevin Spacey fans, angry about the actor's demise
- In October, Rapp claimed that Spacey made a pass at him when he was 14
- As a result, Spacey went into rehab and the final season of House of Cards has been put on hold
- Rapp says he's been getting angry messages from Spacey and House of Cards fans ever since
- 'Season 6 of House of Cards has been suspended. Real people are being affected by this accusation of 3 decades ago,' one Instagram user wrote
- Rapp, who currently appears on the TV show Star Trek: Discovery, says the comments 'do not sting deeply, but they do wound slightly'
The actor who sparked Kevin Spacey's public downfall with an accusation of sexual misconduct last month has shared some of the negative comments he's been receiving on social media.
In October, Anthony Rapp claimed that Kevin Spacey made a sexual pass at him at a party when he was a 14-year-old child actor.?
'He was trying to seduce me,' Rapp told BuzzFeed. 'I don't know if I would have used that language. But I was aware that he was trying to get with me sexually.'
The shocking story led Spacey, 58, to enter rehab and for?Netflix to cut all ties with him. Production on the sixth and final season of House of Cards was shut down and the streaming service said he would not be returning to the show in any capacity if it does resume filming.
Rapp, who currently stars on the TV show Star Trek: Discovery, said that since telling his story he's mostly received words of support, but he's also been hit with some negative tweets and Instagram messages that 'just boggle my mind'.
Anthony Rapp (left) says he's been getting negative comments on social media after he came out to accuse Kevin Spacey (right) of trying to make a pass at him when he was 14
Rapp started sharing some of the comments he received on Twitter on Tuesday, writing that he thinks 'these people need to be outed for their harassment'.
Some of the commenters appear to be House of Cards fans upset that the final season of the show has been put on hold.?
'Season 6 of House of Cards has been suspended. Real people are being affected by this accusation of 3 decades ago. Cast and crew who now have to find new jobs to feed their families and pay bills. I hope this is what Mr. Rapp wanted,' one Instagram user named digabledude wrote.?
Instagram user fastenurseatbeltz added: 'Hey you f****** a**hole! Thanks for getting my favorite show canceled...'?
'Because of you "house of cards" will be closed. You slandered Kevin Spacey. I love Star Trek, but you're the worst actor who played in all parts of the star trek universe. Kevin Spacey we love u, stay strong. Anthony Rapp fuck u,' Instagram users beck.wbs wrote.?
Rapp shared some of the comments on social media this week. Many of the commenters seem to be fans upset that House of Cards has been put on hold
Others voiced skepticism about Rapp's account, saying they found it suspicious that he went to an adult party at such a young age.
'So...you were 14...and at an adult part?...so you were innocently chilling in a room watching TV while the party was happening. Seriously? You are a opportunist. You are not a victim,' Instagram user _lupo_ wrote.
'What the hell were you doing waiting in his room until everyone left??...you wanted something or you'd have left...you were just scared + didn't understand homo feelings. #Lolito,' one twitter user wrote.?
Many called Rapp an opportunist trying to salvage his career by bringing down another actor's.?
After the accusation against Spacey came to light, Netflix cut all ties with him and said he would not be returning for the sixth and final season of House of Cards
'I'm convinced you just want the attention. Kevin Spacey was drunk and you just cost a lot of fans to miss out on one of the greatest actors of all time cos you can't shut the f*** up,' Twitter user @Des_mond wrote.
'Drama Queen, if you wanted attention you didn't have to ruin someone's career! 30 years later as if... still no ones talking about you,' Instagram user lyaestevez wrote.
Rapp responded to the comments, saying that he doesn't give them merit but they still hurt.?
'I feel that I also need to say a couple of things: 1, I do not believe these trolls and harassers are right. 2, their words do not sting deeply, but they do wound slightly. 3, I have gotten so many more positive messages than negative. Thank you v much,' he wrote on Wednesday.?
Filming on House of Cards has been suspended. It was due to come back in 2018
Most watched News videos
- Warning: Various graphic clips from ingrown hair removal videos
- Matt Lauer seen returning to Hamptons home after Today show axe
- Flynn leaves court after pleading guilty to lying to the FBI
- Victoria's Secret models say n-word during Cardi B singalong
- Jacksonville man sentenced to life for shooting an off-duty cop
- Surveillance video shows Palm Beach cop shoot his ex-girlfriend
- 'He's in a bar with Charlie Rose': Fallon jokes about Matt Lauer
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle carry out first royal engagement together
- Touching moment Prince Harry straightens young fan's hat
- Royal fashion: Meghan Markle sparkles on Nottingham visit
- Meghan politely picks up a glove and returns it to a crowd member
- Fan gives Meghan Markle a bag of Haribo on her first royal event
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.