A moment of warmth: Harry stops his royal walkabout to make sure one of his youngest fans is well wrapped up in woolly hat against the cold
- Prince Harry was able to put the nervous-looking child at ease by waving?
- Royal offered a high-five to the youngster during walkabout in Nottingham today
- Child clung onto the railings and smiled as Harry joked around and ruffled hat
Firmly wrapped up in a coat and woolly hat against the cold, this young child was probably unaware of the stature of the person they were meeting.
But Prince Harry was able to put the nervous-looking youngster at ease by waving to them and offering a high-five during his walkabout in Nottingham today.
The 33-year-old royal shared the adorable moment with the child who clung onto the railings and smiled as Harry joked around and ruffled their hat.
Prince Harry talks to the little child in an attempt to make them smile in Nottingham today
Harry joked around with the youngster, just checking that their hat was nicely positioned
The prince spoke to the young child for about 20 seconds while other onlookers desperately tried for a glimpse and photo of the royal during the visit.
Harry and his new fiancée Miss Markle received a rapturous welcome from the people of Nottingham as they began their public life together.
Just a few days after announcing their engagement, the couple were carrying out their first joint royal engagement.
The visit aims to raise awareness of HIV/Aids and efforts to tackle youth crime but it also gave the prince the opportunity to showcase his partner to the nation.
Prince Harry was able to put the nervous-looking child at ease in Nottingham walkabout
The prince offered the child a high-five during his walkabout in Nottingham this morning
The prince spoke to the youngster for about 20 seconds and they broke into a smile
Harry speaks to well-wishers as he visits Nottingham with Meghan Markle this morning
Harry chose Nottingham, a city he knows well, for their first walkabout, a mainstay of royal engagements.
The couple, who arrived by train, began their tour with a civic welcome at the National Justice Museum in Nottingham's historic Lace Market district.
Ahead of their arrival, hundreds of curious and excited onlookers had packed the streets. The visit was Harry's third public trip to the city since October last year.
It is the first official engagement by the couple in what will be a six-month tour of the UK, allowing the American former actress to get to know her new home.?
Most watched News videos
- Touching moment Prince Harry straightens young fan's hat
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle carry out first royal engagement together
- Meghan politely picks up a glove and returns it to a crowd member
- Newly engaged Harry and Meghan greet crowds in Nottingham
- Meghan Markle's beloved rescue dogs seen in old Instagram video
- Bosnian Croat wartime suspect drinks poison during sentencing
- Shocking footage of holidaymaker knocking girlfriend to ground
- Victoria's Secret models say n-word during Cardi B singalong
- Meghan shows off her caring side as she meets shy boy
- Afghan man has arms and head chopped off in brutal new ISIS video
- William: 'Hopefully Harry will stay out my fridge now he's engaged'
- NBC News has fired popular 'Today' show host Matt Lauer
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.