New York model, 26, searching for work in Jamaica is found dead with her throat slashed on a road near Montego Bay
- A model from Queens, New York was found dead in Jamaica Sunday
- Desiree Gibbon, 26, was bloodied with her throat slashed on the side of a road a few miles from Montego Bay
- Mystery surrounds what appeared to be a homicide, as heartbroken family members await the autopsy report
- Gibbon arrived to the Caribbean country in October with a three month visa
- She had been looking for work at the time. Her family said she 'loved to travel'?
Desiree Gibbon, 26, was found dead with her throat slashed Sunday while on tour for work in Jamaica
A New York model seeking work in Jamaica was found dead on the side of a road with her throat slashed.
Desiree Gibbon, 26, from Queens, was found by locals bloodied and lifeless a few miles from Montego Bay on the Caribbean island’s north coast on Sunday,?LoopJamaica.com?reports.?
Mystery currently surrounds what appeared to be a heinous homicide - while investigators are conducting an autopsy report.
The gorgeous Gibbon arrived to the country back in October with a three month visa.
Her body was spotted by the horrified residents in the bushes.
Police identified Gibbon after showing her photograph to hotel officials in the area where they thought she may have been staying, according to the?New York Daily News.
The gorgeous Gibbon (shown left on her GoFundMe page) arrived to the country back in October with a three month visa
Gibbon arrived on a three month visa before she was mysteriously killed and left in the bushes
The model was found on the side of a road a few miles from Montego Bay on the Caribbean country's north coast
Grief-stricken family members to Gibbon were at a total loss for words about what may have happened.
'It has to have been a complete stranger. Desiree had a heart of gold, everybody loved her. Everything hurts. It's hard to breathe,' aunt Peggy Brunner told the Daily News.
'She loved to travel. She went to Brazil and worked in camps teaching English. And she taught herself Portuguese.'
'She loved to travel. She went to Brazil and worked in camps teaching English. And she taught herself Portuguese,' her aunt said
Parents and relatives created a?GoFundMe page to aid in transportation of her body back to the United States as well as funeral costs.
'My heart is truly broken!!! I asking you all to please help me and my sister at this very difficult and heartbreaking time,' her sister wrote to the page.
'My niece was murdered in Jamaica very brutally and we need to get her home as soon as possible!!!! Please help!!!! Thank-you all!!!!,' her aunt added.
Family members created a GoFundMe page for transportation of her body back to the states and funeral
Most watched News videos
- Jacksonville man sentenced to life for shooting an off-duty cop
- Matt Lauer seen returning to Hamptons home after Today show axe
- Megyn Kelly reacts to Matt Lauer firing over 'sex assault'
- Savannah Guthrie reads apology from Matt Lauer on Today
- NBC News has fired popular 'Today' show host Matt Lauer
- Victoria's Secret models say n-word during Cardi B singalong
- Afghan man has arms and head chopped off in brutal new ISIS video
- Bosnian Croat wartime suspect drinks poison during sentencing
- Meghan Markle's mom returns to work after engagement announcement
- Shocking footage of holidaymaker knocking girlfriend to ground
- Footage of cabin where woman was kept as a sex slave for 10 years
- Behind the scenes: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle goof around
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.