Horrified online gamers 'hear the moment a man and his mother are shot dead by a mystery gunman' in their Kansas home as they play in Texas and Canada
- Cody Ha, 23, was shot dead by a gunman at his mother's Kansas home Saturday ?
- His 62-year-old mother was also killed and her daughter discovered their bodies?
- Ha's online gamer friends heard the gunshots and tried calling Ha's cell phone?
- Ha didn't answer, but hour later Ha's sister returned home and found the bodies
- One friend Tommy Ong claimed that people would go to their home to get prescription drugs from Ha's mother?
- But police haven't confirmed if prescription drugs were involved in the killing
- Cops are investigating shooting as double homicide; no arrests have been made
Two horrified online gamers from across the US and Canada heard the shocking moment a man and his mother were shot dead by a gunman in their Kansas home.?
Cody Ha, 23, was playing video games in an online group on Saturday night when a gunman opened fire on him and h is 62-year-old mother Huong Pham.
Ha's online friends, who lived in Texas and Canada, heard all of the commotion.?
Ashley Martinez of Houston, Texas, told the Wichita Eagle that he and Ha were friends, despite the distance between them.?
Two horrified online gamers heard the shocking moment their friend Cody Ha (left), 23, and his 62-year-old mother, Huong Pham (right), were shot dead by a gunman in their Kansas home
Ha's online friends, who lived in Texas and Canada, heard all of the commotion. Ashley Martinez said the incident occurred around 10pm when he and Tommy Ong heard at least two popping noises that sounded like gunshots. An officer is seen at the victim's home
Martinez said it was around 10pm when he and Tommy Ong, heard at least two popping noises. Martinez?said the noises were so loud it hurt their ears under the headphones.?
The players started asking one another whether they were gunshots and immediately called Ha's number. They listened as the phone kept ringing. ?
An hour later, Martinez told the Eagle that they could hear Ha's 22-year-old sister finding the bodies.?
'She was panicking. … she was on the phone. She said she didn't want to touch them. She said she didn't feel safe,' Martinez said.?
Authorities responded to the scene after Ha's sister called 911. The next day, police spoke to Martinez and his friend about what they heard.?
Ong told KAKE that Ha had 'answered the door and that's when it happened'. Ong said the gunman may have been someone who wanted prescriptions medications from Ha's mother.
According to Ong, Ha's mother would give Ha some of the proceeds that she received from buyers.?But police have not confirmed that prescription drugs may have been involved in the killing.
Ong remembers Ha 'one of the nicest, inclusive, down to earth persons I've ever met'.
Ong said the gunman may have been someone who wanted prescriptions medications from Ha's (right) mother, Pham (left).?
Ha's mother,?Pham (pictured), has reportedly had conflicts with other people.?In 2014, she received a temporary protection-from-stalking order when she claimed a woman threatened her by saying she had 'hired somebody to cause me harm for $2,000'
It's unclear whether any of Pham's (pictured) troubles had anything to do with their deaths
Authorities said they are investigating the killings as a double-homicide. Police have not made any arrests in the case. Officials do not believe the killings were random. Pictured is their home where the killings took place?
According to the Wichita Eagle, Ha's mother, Pham, has had conflicts with other people.
In 2014, she received a temporary protection-from-stalking order when she claimed a woman threatened her by saying she had 'hired somebody to cause me harm for $2,000'.
That same month, someone broke windows in the family's stores and slashed tires on her son's car, according to documents.?
It's unclear whether any of Pham's troubles had anything to do with their deaths.
Authorities said they are investigating the killings as a double-homicide. Police have not made any arrests in the case. Officials do not believe the killings were random.
Most watched News videos
- Tampa 'serial killer' Howell Donaldson charged with four murders
- Flynn leaves court after pleading guilty to lying to the FBI
- Talkative dog lets out a series of howls during bath time
- Matt Lauer seen returning to Hamptons home after Today show axe
- Megyn Kelly reacts to Matt Lauer firing over 'sex assault'
- Jacksonville man sentenced to life for shooting an off-duty cop
- NBC News has fired popular 'Today' show host Matt Lauer
- Victoria's Secret models say n-word during Cardi B singalong
- Tiger shark swims just meters away from oblivious paddlers
- Shocking moment fight ends as man is knocked out in bar knuckle scrap
- Afghan man has arms and head chopped off in brutal new ISIS video
- Shocking footage of holidaymaker knocking girlfriend to ground
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.