CCTV captures the moment a huge explosion rips through a cosmetic factory and causes a fatal fire that killed one worker injured 100
- Authorities released footage of deadly New York explosion earlier this month
- At least two explosions ripped through?the Verla International cosmetics
- Investigators determined the explosions were accidental and were ignited when static electricity caused the ignition?
- Authorities said one employee was killed and more than 100 people hurt?
Surveillance footage of an explosion that left one person dead and 100 injured at a New York cosmetics plant was released on Wednesday.?
Authorities said the clip shows the first of two morning explosions on November 20 at the Verla International cosmetics factory in Orange County.?
The explosion occurred 25 minutes apart from one another, according to?CBS News.?
Authorities released footage of deadly New York explosion that occurred earlier this month
At least two explosions ripped through the Verla International cosmetics in Orange County on November 20
Investigators determined the explosions were accidental and were ignited when static electricity caused the ignition
Investigators determined the explosions were accidental and were ignited when static electricity caused the ignition of hexamethyldisiloxane, an ignitable liquid, inside the plant.
Footage shows a worker wiping excess product in the plant’s batch room just before the first explosion erupted. The employee reportedly sustained minor burns.??
Authorities initially said one employee was killed and up to 35 people were injured, including seven firefighters.?
The deceased worker was identified Tuesday as 57-year-old William Huntington, of nearby Newburgh.?
His body was recovered from the factory later in the evening after fire crews spent the day trying to contain the blaze.
The factory is about a half-mile from the town hall and police station in New Windsor, on the Hudson River's west bank, 55 miles north of New York City.?
Authorities said that one employee was killed and more than 100 people hurt in the incident
The deceased worker was identified Tuesday as 57-year-old William Huntington, of nearby Newburgh.
Police said the first explosion occurred around 10.15am. Firefighters who responded were inside the building when the second explosion occurred around 10.40am.?
Verla was cited for nine occupational safety violations earlier this year, according to records on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's website.
One was related to problems with the handling of flammable and combustible liquids.
The federal agency also cited inadequacies relating to respirator protection for workers and the maintenance of exit routes. The company agreed to pay $41,000 in penalties.
The 37-year-old New Windsor-based company's website says the products it makes include nail polish, perfumes, lotions, among other things.
Most watched News videos
- Moment surfers are chased from the ocean by some very bossy seals
- Police dog savages female suspect for 30 seconds after chase
- Shocking video shows cops forcing man to cut his dogs head off
- Large Coywolf seen roaming around Rockland County, New York
- Dad breaks down when step-daughter asking him to adopt her
- Audio catches tense moment plane nearly landed on wrong runway
- Dash cam footage shows Randy Travis naked during a 2012 arrest
- Moment Republican senator is caught in hotel with 17-year-old boy
- Thousands flee as huge wildfire tears through southern California
- North Carolina man believed to be involved in death of 3-year-old
- Fugitive lawyer arrested in Honduras after six months on the run
- Wild fight erupts between teacher and student inside classroom