Horrifying moment man, 21, catches on FIRE while blowing out birthday cake candle as his friends unwittingly blast him with flammable snow foam

  • Fayaz Ali Memon, from Pakistan, was celebrating his 21st birthday on Monday
  • But the party took an alarming turn when he was accidentally set on fire?
  • Friends unknowingly sprayed him with foam which caught alight with the candle?

This is the horrifying moment a man caught on fire as he was sprayed with flammable snow foam while blowing out a candle on his birthday cake.?

Fayaz Ali Memon, from Hyderabad in Pakistan, was celebrating turning 21 on Monday when his friends presented him with a cake.?

But the party took a terrifying turn when party goers unwittingly covered him in?hazardous froth.?

The shocking moment was recorded by a friend as the birthday cake, complete with a gigantic firework-style candle in the middle, was laid down on the table scattered with flowers

The shocking moment was recorded by a friend as the birthday cake, complete with a gigantic firework-style candle in the middle, was laid down on the table scattered with flowers

Quickly flames catch the flammable liquid and spread across from his face and head

Quickly flames catch the flammable liquid and spread across from his face and head

The shocking moment was recorded by a friend as the birthday cake, complete with a gigantic firework-style candle in the middle, was laid down on the table scattered with flowers. ?

And as Fayaz went to cut the first slice, his joker pals tried to cover him in synthetic snow. ?

But quickly flames catch the flammable liquid and spread across from his face and head.?

At one point, the young man is almost completely alight as the fire engulfs his body.??

'At least it was memorable': Fayaz said he would never forget his 21st birthday and thanked God he wasn't seriously injured?

'At least it was memorable': Fayaz said he would never forget his 21st birthday and thanked God he wasn't seriously injured?

Sanjay Sethani, one of Fayaz's friends who attended the party, said: 'Spraying snow foam on friends at the birthday cake cutting parties was a norm for us. But, that fire was unexpected'

Sanjay Sethani, one of Fayaz's friends who attended the party, said: 'Spraying snow foam on friends at the birthday cake cutting parties was a norm for us. But, that fire was unexpected'

But luckily for him the fire burnt out within seconds after the snow had evaporated.?

Fayaz was taken to hospital as a precautionary measure where he received minor burn injuries on his neck, ear and face.?

Recovering from the incident, he said it certainly made his birthday 'memorable'. ?

He said: 'In my entire life, I will not forget this moment. I will remember my 21st birthday celebration all my life.

He added: 'I'm thankful to God that my face didn't burn due to the flames.'

It was not for the first time that Fayaz and his friends were using snow foam to celebrate a birthday party.

Sanjay Sethani, one of Fayaz's friends who attended the party, said: 'Spraying snow foam on friends at the birthday cake cutting parties was a norm for us. But, that fire was unexpected.'

However, the friends have now decided not to use such flammable material in any party in the future.

Sethani said: 'We have decided not to use anything like this in future.

'We are posting this video on social media to educate others for not using such things.'?

?

The comments below have been moderated in advance.

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

We are no longer accepting comments on this article.