Matt Lauer once boasted of sleeping with Katie Couric and Ann Curry at his 2008 roast in New York City
- A roast of Matt Lauer put on by the New York Friars Club was held at a Manhattan, New York hotel in 2008
- Lauer made jokes suggesting sexual activity with both Couric and Curry
- Couric joked that doctors found Lauer's head up her butt during a colonoscopy
- He later replied: 'Let me just say that I saw that colon a lot before the rest of you saw it'
- She also made a pun that he 'likes to eat curry;' he said: 'It was fun to look over and see Ann Curry laughing…like she doesn’t know how big my d*** really is'
- Curry declined today to comment directly on the allegations aimed at Lauer, who was fired from NBC on Tuesday?
Tasteless jokes Matt Lauer cracked during a 2008 comedy roast about his former colleagues have resurfaced amid his ousting from NBC.
In particular, he made vulgar jokes in which he boasted about sleeping with fellow NBC journalists Katie Couric and Ann Curry, per a report by a Village Voice?reporter in attendance.
Couric made a joke during the roast, which was presided over by 'roastmaster' Al Roker, in which she said that doctors found Lauer's head when they performed a colonoscopy on her.
Later Lauer, 59, told the assembled crowd of about 1,900 celebrities: 'Let me just say that I saw that colon a lot before the rest of you saw it.'
Scroll down for video?
Matt Lauer (right, with Meredith Viera and Al Roker) was fired from NBC today amid allegations of sexual misconduct. Comments he made at the 2008 Friars Club roast of him about Katie Couric and Ann Curry have resurfaced. The trio is pictured at the event
He said: 'It was fun to look over and see Ann Curry (left) laughing…like she doesn’t know how big my d*** really is.' Of Couric, who made a joke about how doctors found his head when performing a colonoscopy on her, he said: 'Let me just say that I saw that colon a lot before the rest of you saw it'
Couric, 60, also made a joke about how Lauer 'loves to eat curry,' expressing astonishment at the wild reaction from the crowd and saying: 'What, Indian food! What's wrong with you people?'
But the pun was not lost on the crowd, which saw the gag as a reference to Ann Curry.
Later Lauer said: 'What’s with all the small-d*** jokes? It was fun to look over and see Ann Curry laughing…like she doesn’t know how big my d*** really is.'
Meredith Viera also joked that Lauer has 'Al Roker's d***' up his butt and had his testicles 'juggled' by Couric for 'six years'.?
The roast was put on by the New York Friars Club at the New York Hilton in Midtown Manhattan.
The organization has put on such roasts since 1950.
The unearthing of these comments comes as Curry, former co-host of the 'Today Show,' spoke out after allegations of sexual misconduct surfaced against Lauer today.?
'The women's movement got us into the workplace, but it didn't make us safe once we got there,' Curry told?PEOPLE Magazine?during an interview to promote her return back to television.
?Ann Curry has, as of yet, declined to comment directly on the allegations aimed at Lauer. She told PEOPLE magazine:?'The women's movement got us into the workplace, but it didn't make us safe once we got there'. She said she was still trying to 'process' the Lauer allegations?
'And the battle lines are now clear. We need to move this revolution forward and make our workplaces safe. Corporate America is quite clearly failing to do so, and unless it does something to change that, we need to keep doing more ourselves,' she added.?
Curry declined to comment directly on the allegations aimed at Lauer, who was fired from NBC on Tuesday when nearly a dozen people accused the long-time anchor of a vast array of sexual misconduct.
'I'm still really processing it,' Curry told PEOPLE. ??
Meanwhile, fans of Ann Curry are reveling in the downfall of one of America's most recognizable TV anchors in America following Lauer's sudden ouster from the Today Show's top gig.?
Lauer is believed to be the driving force behind Curry's 2012 firing from the popular daytime talk show, according to Page Six.??
'Ann, Karma has paid Matt a visit today. I've always believed he orchestrated your removal from The Today Show. I pray we will see you back on TV soon. Be BLESSED,' one person wrote on Instagram.??
'Matt Lauer just caught the karma bus and Ann Curry was driving,' added another social media user.
Lauer was fired on Tuesday after an array of sexual misconduct allegations surfaced against him
Fans of Ann Curry reveled in Lauer's downfall and took to social media to express their glee
Curry, 61, joined the Today Show as Lauer's co-host in 2011. But after a year of sluggish ratings, NBC canned the venerated TV news veteran and replaced her with current anchor Savannah Guthrie.?
Curry is now making her return back to television,?focused on her role as executive producer and host of 'We'll Meet Again.'?The show reunites people who have shared a traumatic experience together.?
'I admire the women who have been willing to speak up both anonymously and on the record. Those women need to keep their jobs, and all women need to be able to work, to be able to thrive, without fear,' Curry said during the PEOPLE interview.?
'This kind of behavior exists across industries, and it is so long overdue for it to stop. This is a moment when we all need to be a beacon of light for those women, for all women, and for ourselves,' she added. ?
Most watched News videos
- Disturbing video shows teen hurling a cat into the street
- Busted! Package thief caught after her getaway driver flees
- Everyone is trying the latest trend: Invisible box challenge!
- New invisible box jump trend takes Twitter by storm
- Earl Kimrey charged with the death of 3-year-old Mariah Miller
- Sir Elton on stage in Barcelona just hours before his mother died
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- Trump ‘not worried’ about Michael Flynn’s guilty Russia plea
- Horrifying moment dashcam shows lorry ploughing into two cars
- Moment thrill seeking base jumpers leap from 530ft Beachy Head
- Heartbreaking footage shows helpless puppies rescued from tar
- Nigel Farage defends Donald Trump retweeting Britain First