Shocking moment a car is T-boned by a ute while going through an intersection - but who is in the wrong?
- The dashcam clip shows a ute colliding with the side of a car at an intersection?
- The car appears to have turned right at the roundabouts while lights were red?
- But the clip divided viewers online who also blamed the ute driver for not checking it was safe to go through the intersection?
This is the shocking moment a car was T-boned by a ute as it drove through an intersection.
The video, filmed earlier this month, appears to show that it was the car that was to blame for the collision.
That vehicle was caught on dashcam footage turning right into the intersection while the lights were still red.
But the video, posted on the Dash Cam Owners Australia page, has attracted more than 55,000 views in a day and divided viewers.
A dashcam captured the moment a car was struck on its side by a ute at an interstection
It is captioned: 'Turning right from the straight ahead lane on a red arrow. Genius.'
However, while some commenters agree the car shouldn't have run the red light, others have put blame on the driver of the ute for not checking it was safe to go through the roundabout.
'Damn s*** driver, this is where their license should be suspended until they go to court,' wrote one.
'And if caught driving without a license then suspend the license for 10 years!'
It shows the car collided with the ute after turning right while the lights were still red
The clip divided viewers after it was posted on the Dash Cam Owners Australia Facebook page
But another said: 'Strange, nobody appears to have said the Ute should have stopped to check it was safe to proceed through the green light.'
Others blamed the collision of the confusing traffic signals and lack of clear road markings.
'They really should paint something on the road to stop this sort of thing!' one person noted.
Another added: 'Confusing traffic signals. If I was new to that intersection, I would have done the same thing, or at least been confused enough that I would have come to a slow to try and figure what was going on.'
Most watched News videos
- Australia Post worker smashes parcel by throwing it over fence
- Does this video prove everyone knew about Don Burke’s bullying?
- Woman claims Don Burke tried to push her onto a bed
- Alison Piotrowski says Don Burke told her she had 'a nice a***'
- Dramatic moment Coke and liquid nitrogen experiment goes wrong
- Shocking moment man is sent flying when driver smashes into him
- Santa can't understand Kiwis in hilarious Air New Zealand ad
- Unfortunate moment half a rotting tree falls on woman's car
- Dramatic moment gang drive a stolen car at a mother and her baby
- Shocking moment a 4WD is T-boned going through an intersection
- Milo says that followers of Islam should be 'expelled'
- Man who poured boiling water over Brett Cowan free from prison
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.