Steve Bannon will campaign for accused pervert Roy Moore saying he wants to 'send shockwaves to the political and media elites'
- Steve Bannon is standing firm on his commitment to campaign for embattled Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore?
- 'I look forward to standing with Judge Moore and all of the Alabama deplorables in the fight to elect him to the United States Senate,' Bannon told CNN
- Bannon said he wanted to support Moore, who's been accused of preying on teenage girls, to 'send shockwaves to the political and media elites' ?
Former White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon is standing firm on his commitment to campaign for embattled Alabama Senate hopeful Roy Moore. ?
'I look forward to standing with Judge Moore and all of the Alabama deplorables in the fight to elect him to the United States Senate,' Bannon told CNN. 'And send shockwaves to the political and media elites.'?
DailyMail.com confirmed last week that Bannon planned to campaign alongside Moore, who's been accused of preying on teenage girls, on December 5.?
Scroll down for video?
Former White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon confirmed that he plans to campaign alongside embattled Republican Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore next week?
Despite the numerous accusations from women who said Roy Moore (pictured) preyed on them as teenagers, the Senate candidate has remained in the race
Moore has also stood defiant, refusing to leave the race and calling the slew of accusations false. ?
While President Trump has no plans to visit Alabama, he noted last Tuesday that Moore had 'totally denied' the allegations, making the Republican a better fit for the Senate seat than a 'liberal' Democrat, the president suggested.?
With the media coverage of the scandal fading, Moore has regained the top position over Democratic hopeful Doug Jones in recent Alabama polls.?
A JMC Analytics poll that was released Wednesday found that Alabamans preferred Moore over Jones 48 to 43 per cent.?
When the allegations, first reported in the Washington Post, were doing the most damage politically, Jones had opened an 8 point lead in the deep red state.
When mainstream Republicans like Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell called for Moore to drop out, the candidate simply threw the request back at the Kentucky senator.?
'I want to tell you who needs to step down: that's Mitch McConnell,' Moore said at a campaign event last week. ??
He added that the allegations, which came from a number of women, were 'an effort by Mitch McConnell and his cronies to steal this election from the people of Alabama and they will not stand for it,' Moore said.?
Early last week, before President Trump left Washington for Mar-a-Lago, White House Press Secretary said, again and again, that the administration's position was that the voters of Alabama should decide their next senator.?
However, as Trump sauntered out onto the South Lawn to leave for vacation, he stopped and talked to reporters, coming seemingly close to giving Moore a full-fledged endorsement. ??
On Sunday, the president dug into Jones, the Democrat, again. ??
'The last thing we need in Alabama and the U.S. Senate is a Schumer/Pelosi puppet who is WEAK on Crime, WEAK on the Border, Bad for our Military and our great Vets, Bad for our 2nd Amendment, AND WANTS TO RAISES TAXES TO THE SKY,' Trump tweeted.?
'Jones would be a disaster!' he said.?
Most watched News videos
- VERY relaxed wombat finds the perfect place to cool down
- The Grinch! Woman takes Christmas decorations from Texas porch
- Wild fight erupts between teacher and student inside classroom
- Billy Bush talks to Stephen Colbert about being fire from Today
- Soldier surprises his 76ers dancer by returning from deployment
- Fans thrown down bleachers during Clemson and Miami fight
- North Carolina man believed to be involved in death of 3-year-old
- Dash cam footage shows Randy Travis naked during a 2012 arrest
- Persons of interest in the death of Sydney Loofe release video
- Trump on Flynn: Hillary Clinton lied many times to the FBI
- Trouble in paradise: Two seniors brawl during Caribbean holiday
- Dad breaks down when step-daughter asking him to adopt her